Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Rethorn
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This situation came up this evening and I want to make sure we're playing correctly.

As the Imperial player, I'm attacking the Rebel base with two assault carriers and ground troops. Defending is a Rebel transport and a Mon Cal Cruiser. I destroy the Rebel ground troops and shield generator and win the ground battle, and my last assault carrier and the Mon Cal Cruiser destroy each other, leaving only a Rebel transport as the lone space unit.

Who wins? At first I thought that the Rebels won, as they have units left in the Rebel base system. But the rulebook says that if Rebel transports are the only Rebel ships left they must retreat. The retreat step happens before the combat round ends, so we ruled that the Rebel transport fled the system even though there were no Imperial units left to fight, thereby fulfilling the Imperial win condition. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Transports are only destroyed if they don't or can't retreat when there are Imperial ships in the system. You did it incorrectly, since the rebel transport was unopposed in space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Rebel Transports are able to win a battle, as can Structures and the Death Star Under Construction.

So yes, Rebels won the space battle and the game is not over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmbmb
This is almost exactly what happened in Empire Strikes Back. And If I were to create a game round to replicate the events of the battle of Hoth it would look pretty much like what you describe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.