Tiny Epic Kingdoms: Heroes' Call» Forums » Rules

Subject: Treants' Level 4 ability - Any time? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Chang
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 4th level of Treants' ability states that you may sacrifice one of your meeples to gain 4 mana at any time.

Does this mean that... well... ANY TIME at all?

Like during their turns, when your opponents are trying to do something to you, or even when you're engaged in wars?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, not quite. You may not sacrifice a meeple if that's the last one you have ... or if you are playing a game of Carcassonne with Treant meeples ...

Other than that — yes! — at any time at all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not familiar with Treants, but a quick clarification might be in order. I can easily see the more specific question being asked:

If I am treants, and I've been attacked, can I choose to sacrifice *after* I set my war die, in order to pay for the cost? This is important, because I might only be able to visibly afford a war cost of 5, but I could set my die to 11. According to the designer, once we reveal, we have to pay the cost and if we cannot pay, our war power is dialed down until it amounts to what we can pay for.

At this point, should I be able to decide, after seeing my opponent's war cost, whether or not I wanted to sacrifice a treant to gain the war cost I need? That would be a huge advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.