Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy today and played the first game with the family. Unfortunately, the backs of the original forecast cards are different from the new ones, making the game basically unplayable with the dice module

Backs of the new cards have bluish tint, while the original ones are more gray. I have the copy of the base game which I received at the end of this April's kickstarter campaign.

I wasn't planning on sleeving, but I guess I'll have to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a shame :/ But there's a simple solution for this: always draw the second card from top.

Horrible that they let this through quality control though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
That's a shame :/ But there's a simple solution for this: always draw the second card from top.

Horrible that they let this through quality control though.

or just sleeve the forecast cards with colored back sleeves...

I know it's not perfect, this shouldn't happen but it really is easy to fix in this instance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Caviris
United States
Bayside
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is contacted them. They apologized but said it was due to the printer changing their equipment and they can't do anything about it. I wouldn't say it's unplayable though. It you don't pay very close attention to it, it'll go just fine. Even if someone is playing like a sneaky cheat, then so be it. It wouldn't really give them a game changing amount of info. And, if that really bothers you, you can sleeve them as another poster suggested or use the pnp files to make your own. It's an annoying and unfortunate printer error and I wish they'd just included the six cards from the base, but it's taking things a bit far to say it makes the module unplayable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Somewhat related: The print and play has a similar problem with only files for the new cards being included. So if someone didn't pnp the original game, they can't use those either. If they fixed that, you'd also have the option of making high-quality pnp just for all the forecast cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What size of sleeves do these cards use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
colmustard21 wrote:
What size of sleeves do these cards use?

I don't have the game on hand, but the pnp-files are 57x87mm, so I'd guess they use that.

While we're on the topic of card sleeves, has anyone seen ones with semitransparent backs? Enough of a tint to obscure off-color cards, but still transparent enough to show off the cardbacks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
psychotic33089 wrote:
Is contacted them. They apologized but said it was due to the printer changing their equipment and they can't do anything about it. I wouldn't say it's unplayable though. It you don't pay very close attention to it, it'll go just fine. Even if someone is playing like a sneaky cheat, then so be it. It wouldn't really give them a game changing amount of info. And, if that really bothers you, you can sleeve them as another poster suggested or use the pnp files to make your own. It's an annoying and unfortunate printer error and I wish they'd just included the six cards from the base, but it's taking things a bit far to say it makes the module unplayable.

I wonder if the reprint of the base game will match the expansion?

Even with sleeves it is very noticeable. You would need opaque sleeves to cover up the difference, and I don't believe you can get opaque sleeves in the size of the cards. The only ones I've seen are std card size, and Mayday makes opaque euro sized sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Baccus

Tennessee
msg tools
That's a shame. Unfortunately, with some of the people I game with, not cheating is near impossible.

The dice were the module I was most looking forward to playing with and the main reason I bought the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Viox
United States
fremont
NE
flag msg tools
mbmb
Its to bad there's not enough cards so that you don't need to play with the original. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only need one negative 2 card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
greatwesternfire wrote:
Its to bad there's not enough cards so that you don't need to play with the original. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only need one negative 2 card.

You're wrong, so I'll correct you ^^
You need all six original cards to cover all possible dice outcomes. (Which makes sense, if a card was redundant, why would they print the double to begin with?)
I'm currently working on pnp-files for the original cards that perfectly match the expansion pnps. I'll upload those as soon as I'm done, so everyone can print a full set if they have bad color-mismatch between the base game and the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved mine in opaque backed Yugioh sleeves from Ultra Pro. The cards were slightly too long for the sleeves, so I got out my guillotine and made Stockpile Legacy (i trimmed 3mm off the length)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
psychotic33089 wrote:
I wouldn't say it's unplayable though. It you don't pay very close attention to it, it'll go just fine. Even if someone is playing like a sneaky cheat, then so be it. .

I basically had to squint and try hard not to see the cards most of the game. It's very difficult not to see these different backs, and once you see, you cannot unsee. My family didn't know so they didn't care.

I think I'll go with opaque sleeves (semi-opaque, ideally). It's not a bad idea to protect forecast and company cards anyway. Does anybody have anymore sleeve recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides the very unfortunate card back issue, the dice module is simply amazing. It was the first time my wife and son played Stockpile. I told them at the beginning that I'm adding one module from the expansion, otherwise we're playing the base game. At the end my son asked - which part of the game was the expansion? I explained about the dice and how it worked without them. They both were a bit shocked - "Really? There were the same forecast values the entire game??".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tobl wrote:
I'm currently working on pnp-files for the original cards that perfectly match the expansion pnps. I'll upload those as soon as I'm done, so everyone can print a full set if they have bad color-mismatch between the base game and the expansion.

Files are done, just waiting for the go-ahead by Nauvoo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Though not ideal, I might use Magic: the Gathering cards in the sleeves as backs (like I do when playtesting games). This should make it so I can use clear sleeves with Magic backs, or colored sleeve backs and the magic card will make it fit better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Ducat
France
Antibes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
same problem between my first print edition and the extension. Moreover, the card quality is not the same. First print having very glossy cards...

It would have been so easy to add the 6 initial cards in the extension seriously...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Ducat
France
Antibes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got in touch with Nauvoo Games,

I will not speak for them, but in essence, they confirmed me that they are studying the best solution to fix this known issue.

Currently they may provide sleeves OR initial set of cards.

Hope they will make an official announcement soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Caviris
United States
Bayside
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bardatir wrote:
I got in touch with Nauvoo Games,

I will not speak for them, but in essence, they confirmed me that they are studying the best solution to fix this known issue.

Currently they may provide sleeves OR initial set of cards.

Hope they will make an official announcement soon.

Nice! Five day's ago they had a completely different tone. When I'd asked them about it, they basically just apologized and said that there was nothing they could do about it. Hopefully if enough people are upset about it, they'll bite the bullet and just send everyone a new set of the six cards from the base game that match the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seth van orden
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for your feedback. We understand your frustrations. We did not intend nor expect there to be any difference in either card quality or card color. We will be talking through difference possible solutions with our manufacturer. If we knew this would have happened we would have included the original 6 forecast cards with the expansion. We may do that for all future prints just to be safe.

Currently we can't promise any particular solution. Please continue to have patience with us as we try our best.

I'll post the print and play files for all forecast cards on BGG shortly.

Thanks Everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seth van orden
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jog6upza4jfsrf/Stockpile%20Contin... Stockpile Continuing Corruption Print and Play

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfv1ist3j5eiw3b/Stockpile%20PNP%20... Stockpile Print and Play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirt Mike
United States
Canoga Park
CA
flag msg tools
The power of BGG compels you!
mbmbmbmbmb
i recieved my copy, i checked the cards and didn't notice a difference between forecast cards... afterwards, i sleeved them in clear plastic sleeves and no one in my playgroup noticed a difference either... after reading this post, i went back to check and there was a very slight color variation.... however, you would have to really look for it and need very good eyesight to see the subtle difference from a few feet away... and even if i didn't sleeve them,how would it impact the game so much?... the dice determine which forecoast cards to use, and with the variety of dice combinations and cards used, it would be very difficult to tell which card is which... i'm ocd about the games, that's why i sleeve all my games, but this is not a deal breaker at all, not even close... the expansion is a must get
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whitekid wrote:
i recieved my copy, i checked the cards and didn't notice a difference between forecast cards... afterwards, i sleeved them in clear plastic sleeves and no one in my playgroup noticed a difference either... after reading this post, i went back to check and there was a very slight color variation.... however, you would have to really look for it and need very good eyesight to see the subtle difference from a few feet away... and even if i didn't sleeve them,how would it impact the game so much?... the dice determine which forecoast cards to use, and with the variety of dice combinations and cards used, it would be very difficult to tell which card is which... i'm ocd about the games, that's why i sleeve all my games, but this is not a deal breaker at all, not even close... the expansion is a must get

Mine are very different (even at a glance, even in poor lighting). I'll try to take a picture later, it should be visible. That is a big problem. For example, dice give me 5 new forecast cards, and one old -4. It's difficult to then create pairs of company-forecast cards without seeing that -4. You don't have to look hard for it, you just glance at it and you know it's -4. And you would agree that this knowledge breaks the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here:

(new on the left, old on the right).
Unfortunately, difference is clear as day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Roos
United States
Guilderland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if this is an issue with all printings or specifically the earlier printings of the base game being different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.