$30.00
Hendrick Strauss
South Africa
flag msg tools
Hi there.

The adventure cards in MoM has those nifty Roman numerals on the back and you can clearly which phase each card corresponds to.

Strange Remnants only has 6 cards in total;

1 x I
2 x II
2 x III
1 x IV

These cards however don't have the numerals on the back of the card. Phase 1 calls for the player to draw a random a phase II card and put it into play. Other than pre-sorting the cards beforehand and then just rolling a dice to see which one gets taken (my method so far), I am wondering how other players get around this?

Your insights as always are appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allison Macrae
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The deck doesn't really need to be randomized, or not, since there's only one decision point that calls for a random card. You could sort the deck entirely and roll a die, as you have; I leave out the Stage I card and then shuffle the rest of the deck, once Stage I is complete I draw until I reach a Stage II, which is the same effect, and about as quick. It would have been nice if the Adventure deck had been two cards larger so that there were three options of what to do after Stage I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
One of my pet peeves is the missing roman numerals on the backs of the strange remnants adventure deck. i agree that they were really useful on the MoM cards. i can live without them, but its the inconsistency mostly that triggers me.

i just look away and do a quick two card shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrick Strauss
South Africa
flag msg tools
Thank you kindly.

Glad it was not just me that ran into this.

I'll just keep doing what I'm currently doing. Thought I might have missed something stupidly obvious.

Asked and answered. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.