Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The map from all-aboard comes as a png (thanks all-aboard for posting it, btw!), and I wanted to ask if someone knows a handy way to print it across multiple A4 (or letter) pages?

I have Acrobat Pro and I know there's a poster function in it, but it takes pdf files and when I convert the png map file to a pdf file the resolution and size is not correct. Or maybe the map image at the all-aboard site is just a preview?

https://sites.google.com/site/aagamesllc/home/ian-wilson-s-1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use paint, never had a problem. Though that is assuming it is an image format and not pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Petersen
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
tilde72 wrote:
Or maybe the map image at the all-aboard site is just a preview?

Yes, that's just meant to be a preview, but you could try to figure out the scaling factor for your equipment. The hexes are 1.52 inches flat-to-flat. You would still be missing the other game components (trains, private companies, tiles, rules) though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is possible to use the preview from All Aboard Games site, you just have to play a little to find the right size. I have a copy of Harzbahn 1873 from the pnp files from Bgg, but for the map I printed the one previewed on All-Aboard Games (it is a little pixelated, but not bad).

All-Aboard Games publishes such great games, but they are too much expensive to buy in Italy (adding shipping and import, the cost explodes), I hope that someday their 18xx roster will be available also on our side of the ocean, I like really much their 18xx game choices (at least the one that I know because there are pnp files, like 1849, Rolling Stock, Harzbahn 1873 and 1889 - 1861 i still have to build and play -) and also their artwork (still functional, but less spartan than DTG one, at least from seeing the images).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all,

good info and tips - my investigation continues - I have seen that the charters and tokens are in the files section so I was tempted to print it now that I have pnp'ed 1861.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
I also have shares and charters as one of the XXPaper examples with a focus on small & simple. See the Historical Railway Companies - Thoughts? discussion or:

http://kanga.nu/~claw/xxpaper/example/1867/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.