6 Posts

Above and Below» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule for replacing purchased buildings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Bornich
msg tools
mb
How / when are common houses and outposts restored to 4 available? At the end of the round, as soon as one is purchased or only as player action?

We have always played so that any purchased buildings are replaced at the end of the round, but upon re-reading the rules I cannot find anything about this - except for a player paying a gold coin to refresh the 4 buildings with new ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fuerst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've played it wrong. After a building was bought, the next card is drawn and put into the open slot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyberian wrote:
You've played it wrong. After a building was bought, the next card is drawn and put into the open slot.

Then I was playing it wrong too, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyberian wrote:

Yes; the confusion is perhaps caused by the rule for the "market" of villagers - which only refills between rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Bornich
msg tools
mb
Cyberian wrote:

Thanks, with that I found the rule as the last paragraph under the rules for building houses.

I don't think it changed our 3 player games dramatically that we only replaced the houses at the end of the round. There is nearly always a lot of possible actions, but only so many villagers and gold to spend. Still, it will be interesting to see how this affects our next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clausbo wrote:
Cyberian wrote:

Thanks, with that I found the rule as the last paragraph under the rules for building houses.

I don't think it changed our 3 player games dramatically that we only replaced the houses at the end of the round. There is nearly always a lot of possible actions, but only so many villagers and gold to spend. Still, it will be interesting to see how this affects our next game.

It does help cycle through the cards a bit faster. Getting out some of the 'nicer' cards like the renewable resources or more beds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.