Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien Lehnardt
France
Benfeld
Alsace
flag msg tools
I just bought the player's guide.

There are 20 cards already done for the game + 14 cards as "variant cards". There is no image on these cards, just the text.
Does anybody is planning to "design" them?How can I produce them easely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe what he is saying is in the player's guide there are 20 new cards 10 for each side, 5 blank cards for each side and 14 "variant" cards that are listed in the magazine but cards haven't been produced. So the question is, if I'm understanding correctly, how/were to get the 14 "variant" cards from the page to cards that look like the originals?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Lehnardt
France
Benfeld
Alsace
flag msg tools
Yes Sith Lord that is exactly what I am saying!!! You got it right!

I mean you can build 5 variant cards with the blank cards, they will look like the original ones, but for the rest, no solution. They will look different so it is not nice!

I want to know how to reproduce new cards, like the original ones!
Furthermore those variant cards don't have a picture (too bad)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Lehnardt
France
Benfeld
Alsace
flag msg tools
Which of the 5 cards should we use first?
Which one do you prefer?

I don't have them in front of me, but I like "lost of african colonies" and "submarines activity" for CP....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the looks of the Enver Pasha's Offensive for the allies, since in most/all of the games I've played the Near East is kind of forgotten and this card would at least force a few ops to be played there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Scrivins
United Kingdom
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've uploaded a file containing these cards in a printable format, with added pictures.

If you use any of the cards in a game, then do let others know how you got on.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FrenchCrusader wrote:
Which of the 5 cards should we use first?
Which one do you prefer?

I am staring with these ones :

Alliés
- German colonies 3/4 - MOB
- Enver Pasha 3/4 - LIM
- Devil Dogs 2/2 - TOT
- Albion 3/4 - TOT

Centraux
- Emden 3/4 - MOB
- First U-boat 3/4 -LIM
- Rommel 2/2 - TOT
- Paris 3/4 - TOT

As I feel these are nice addition giving some flexibility on the war status progression, nice historical flavour and not altering too dramatically the game as the ones concerning AH do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Baader
Germany
Babenhausen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The blank cards weren't in the player's guide, they were in the PoG box.

And my solution was:
- Use the 10 blank cards you already have.
- Buy an additional copy of Paths of Glory (which cointains another 10 blank cards).
- Now you have 20 blank cards altogether, enough to make the fourteen variant cards from the player's guide.
- Sell the additional copy of Paths of Glory without the blank cards. However, since you don't want to be a cheater, make sure that the following sentences are part of the item description: "The copy of Paths of Glory I sell here is complete with the exception of the 10 blank spare cards. They are not included any more. However, they are not needed for playing Paths of Glory. So before placing your bid be sure that you are really interested in buying a copy of Paths of Glory that does not include the 10 blank cards."
- So I bought a copy with 10 blank cards, I sold the copy without the 10 blank cards, in the end I made a loss of about EUR 10,-... so you can say I "bought" each blank card for the price of 1 euro.

PS: Now that I wrote that post I'm suddenly not so sure any more that I remember all of this correctly... it's about 15 years ago.
If I'm wrong and the blank cards really were in the player's guide and not in the PoG box, then of course I didn't buy an additionl copy of PoG in order to get the blank cards ... I bought an additional copy of the player's guide instead! (and sold it without the blank cards)
In any case, it worked. I still have my own 14 variant cards I made about 15 years ago..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.