$35.00
Mister Easton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be sure:

While you use this item to gain XP during a quest, you still have to wait until the next Campaign Phase to be able to spend the XP right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
mistereaston wrote:
Just to be sure:

While you use this item to gain XP during a quest, you still have to wait until the next Campaign Phase to be able to spend the XP right?

Good catch!
I always thought that you could buy replacement class skills on the spot (and as an overlord I would certainly allow it as a house rule). However, by RAW you are right: that hero should wait the next campaign step to spend the XP he just acquired.

By comparison, Avrel Wolrdwalker's Heroic Feat allows her to explicitly change her class skills selection on the spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
mistereaston wrote:
Just to be sure:

Good catch!
I always thought that you could buy replacement class skills on the spot (and as an overlord I would certainly allow it as a house rule). However, by RAW you are right: that hero should wait the next campaign step to spend the XP he just acquired.

By comparison, Avrel Wolrdwalker's Heroic Feat allows her to explicitly change her class skills selection on the spot.

I've only used the Archaic Scroll once, but we did play that you wait until the campaign phase. It was sort of a "use the action to set this card aside" and then during the campaign phase the card was actually utilized. I think (just a guess) it was done this way in order to have the item be cheap to buy, but still have a significant "cost" of some kind.

I imagine the hero standing off in a corner practicing some new moves while monsters attack their friends. "Bill, stop trying to increase your accuracy with that bow and get over here an help us!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Easton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

I'm playing a one off quest and for funsies took this item, planning on ditching some of the treasure hunter's search skills after he has 4 or so cards to get the skill that gives you more defense for search cards. But upon further examination, I concluded that I probably couldn't effectively use the item at all if there's no campaign phase... Ah well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.