Escape: The Curse of the Temple» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gear Chamber and adding Queenie tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: How does the gear chamber work? Can you only move one row or column that includes the gear chamber? or can you move any row or column in the entire temple (one without the gear chamber)?

Question 2: Is there a rule for adding Queenie expansions? I only ask because it seems if you have alot of Queenie expansions and keep adding them in, it would increase the difficulty of the game. Thanks!

Also, as a side note, I think the magical bond curse is stupid. If i'm playing with some friends or family, I don't want to have to hold hands with them. And I don't want people touching me. Weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Rodríguez
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kristian, the designer of this great game said:

Quote:
"All rooms in any one row (or column) are slided (/moved) 1 space in the same direction (either left, right, up or down).
The rooms move similar to the tiles in the "Amazeing labyrinth"

When you use the gear room, you can slide ANY row or column of tiles (the row doesn't need to include the gear room)"

About Question #2, there's no rule for adding Queenies. I consider some of the Queenies as Special Chambers (like the Illusion's Special Chambers) except for the other Quest chambers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Scozar52 wrote:
Question: How does the gear chamber work? Can you only move one row or column that includes the gear chamber? or can you move any row or column in the entire temple (one without the gear chamber)?

Question 2: Is there a rule for adding Queenie expansions? I only ask because it seems if you have alot of Queenie expansions and keep adding them in, it would increase the difficulty of the game. Thanks!

Also, as a side note, I think the magical bond curse is stupid. If i'm playing with some friends or family, I don't want to have to hold hands with them. And I don't want people touching me. Weird.

1) What Freddy said

2) I don't know any specific rule that limits Queenies, though if I'm playing with new players, I limit them. When I play with experienced players or solo, I include many or most of them because I think they are cool---but I substitute out any correlating base tile so as to avoid waaaay too many rooms to discover before getting to the exit. You just need to make sure to have enough gem activation chambers.

For example, if I want to include the fountain and/or teleport chamber, I swap out plain tile(s)---and this would decrease the difficulty of that temple. If I want to include the snake pit and dungeon, I also swap out plain tile(s)---and this would add difficulty. If I want to add a curse and/or treasure chamber that also has a gem activation spot, I take out a base game tile that has a gem activation.

I usually don't take out the base chambers that have multi-gem activation spots, though you can, its just nasty.

3) If you are not touchy feely, them don't include the creepy 'touching' curse. However, on a date mode, it could help break the ice....hehe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the responses! I need to play this one a few more times with the advanced rooms

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.