Subject: How can we help? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, G-R got funded, which is awesome! But it saddens me to see that this awesome-looking game is getting overshadowed by stuff like Armored Core, at least when it comes to funding.
Is there anything we can do to help? I don't have many board gamers that buy games among my friends (I'm usually the one who brings them, and we avoid duplicates ), so simply sharing on Facebook, for example, doesn't appear super useful.
Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are geek lists and other threads that might be an appropriate place to mention Giga-Robo! that might be a way to attract people who have no yet heard of the campaign. Maybe mention it to other media outlets like board game reviewers on twitter or youtube to see if they have any interest in the campaign. If you go to game stores then mention it at your FLGS. Perhaps someone outside your circle might be interested.

I also worry that Armored Core is stealing a bit of Giga-Robo!'s thunder, which is unfortunate. They posted a gameplay video of AC RTS and it looks like it's being received kinda poorly on BGG based on the comments I see on their forum. Perhaps that will be a boon for us.

The best advertising for this game would be to get it back up on the hotness list, which is admittedly a hard thing to achieve now that the campaign isn't new. Keep posting in threads and introducing new threads for conversation to keep the traffic up in this forum. Make sure you like up pictures on this page and most importantly like and rate Giga-Robo! on it's front page. Also encourage others to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hammerschlag
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
badge
IRON FUSION OVERKILL!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - hotness list would help as well as more forum activity. In terms of ratings, comments and likes, we have pretty decent numbers comparably but it hasn't translated to more backers.

Maybe people who aren't as into the theme (or like the look of the AC or other mecha games more than the GR! robots) could be sold on the mechanics of the game. I got into gaming myself through Spoils CCG, and I love the deck building aspect before the battle begins. There won't be anyone else who plays the game that will use my exact build the way I do, even if they have the same pilot and robot.

Also Alex took a bunch of time to put the game on Tabletopia so it can be played, with up to 4 people, right now! I'm surprised more people haven't tried it to be able to experience the mechanics and game flow. Maybe spreading the word that it can be previewed this way will convince more people to head over to kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I do appreciate that the Tabletopia demo and full rules were posted day 1 of the campaign. That's a rare thing and really told me as far as the gameplay was concerned you guys not only had a full game constructed, but were willing to stand behind it confidently since you put it right out there for everyone to experience.

I've played the Tabletopia demo several times with people in my game group and when I was learning the game I used it to try and puzzle out how a turn would play out and view the cards and strategies for each robot/pilot in the demo. If anyone hasn't checked it out yet I highly recommend giving it a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Buitrago
United States
California
flag msg tools
I made some gifs from the trailer if you guys want them to help spread the word

http://giphy.com/gifs/3o7TKwocppRCrUz0oE
http://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYyMC6fxkKaSqZy
http://giphy.com/gifs/3o7TKJlqrGCe4kG9sA
http://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYLOzKFNYGxICac
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hammerschlag
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
badge
IRON FUSION OVERKILL!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zelphyr wrote:

I imagine I'll feel like this when we hit the first SG.

edit: Also, well done - thanks for throwing these through the giphy machine.

Anyone here good at imgur?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are all awesome. The Black Ayzn one is probably my favorite, but O-Gun firing his fist at the screen is a close second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Getting coverage on geek-related news sites helps. The more people that send emails to places like Kotaku (tips@kotaku.com), IGN (http://uk.ign.com/support/editorial), Gizmodo (tips@gizmodo.com) asking to cover the game, the better.

TMNT also struggled past its stretch goals, but the advertisements on sites like that helped a ton (Kotaku especially).

Also share the game on forums focused around super robots, tokusatsu, Transformers, Power Rangers, anime etc... and of course, traditional news focus, like Facebook, Reddit, Twitter and Myspace.

Don't forget to keep spreading this information around, especially on the KS page. Getting as many people involved is part of the fun of a Kickstarter, after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mailed Kotaku The GIFs are cool too!
Now to hope more people will see how awesome this game looks! I'm still hoping that it breaks the 'unique art for every card' stretch goal. I absolutely love the artwork of the game and having more of it would be great So also still hoping for the social media stretch goal. I want that art book!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
So, a little over a day ago now, Bad Crow Games took the "Armored Core" name down from their boardgame. They've had several incidents which have shaken the confidence of some of the backers, but this one's had pretty harsh results on the campaign. Looks like a "last straw" moment for a lot of the backers.

Oddly, for me, taking the AC name off the product has actually made it MORE appealing instead of less - and it's BECAUSE I'm a big fan of the series that I wanted to see that happen. The game has a lot of mechanics and functionality which simply don't fit the label they were plastering over it. It was a generic (but cool) mech game trying to paint itself up to look like something else, and now it's living (or dying) on its own merit.

I'm still more excited for Giga-Robo, and hoping that a lot of the (many) people jumping off the no-longer-AC bandwagon find their way here. There have been a few comments discussing G-R as an alternative for people who don't want to support Bad Crow any more, but still want to beat giant robots up around a cityscape.

It doesn't help that the new title, "Mech Command RTS" has a whole lot of people questioning if the game is a licensed boardgame version of the "MechCommander" RTS videogames. I think bad Crow are in a rough spot right now (in spite of still having almost 4x the pledged amount Giga-Robo has), but I really hopethings go well for both that project AND this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.