Subject: Kickstarter valuation and questions about trading rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Kacz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, So I'm new to trading on BGG and was uncertain about how things commonly work. I'd also like to get a sense for the value of a Kickstarter with included stretch goals (some exclusive and others purchasable as a separate expansion)

The game:
Posthuman (Kickstarter Version) with included Posthuman: Defiant Expansion and Posthuman: BGG Promo

Based on Amazon prices and Geekmarket price history. I'm saying it's around $60-$70 opened and punched but never played.

My questions are:
- does that seem about right?

(but more importantly)
- is it common/acceptable to offer one heavy/pricier game for two lighter/cheaper games? How is that generally received? I'm trying to lighten my collection since I generally play with my family.

and

- is it acceptable to propose several trades at once and then if a few people accept choose the one you like more? The reason I ask is because it's been slow proposing one trade waiting for it to be declined or expire and then propose another one. However, I don't want to break the rules or be impolite by offering a trade and then taking it back because someone else gave a better offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnKacz wrote:
Hi, So I'm new to trading on BGG and was uncertain about how things commonly work. I'd also like to get a sense for the value of a Kickstarter with included stretch goals (some exclusive and others purchasable as a separate expansion)

The game:
Posthuman (Kickstarter Version) with included Posthuman: Defiant Expansion and Posthuman: BGG Promo

Based on Amazon prices and Geekmarket price history. I'm saying it's around $60-$70 opened and punched but never played.

My questions are:

(but more importantly)
- is it common/acceptable to offer one heavy/pricier game for two lighter/cheaper games? How is that generally received? I'm trying to lighten my collection since I generally play with my family.

and

- is it acceptable to propose several trades at once and then if a few people accept choose the one you like more? The reason I ask is because it's been slow proposing one trade waiting for it to be declined or expire and then propose another one. However, I don't want to break the rules or be impolite by offering a trade and then taking it back because someone else gave a better offer.

Value can be difficult to determine, everyone seems to have a different opinion on that. For me, I value games by how much I'll play them. If something is sitting on the shelf for a year unplayed, it's not worth much to me and I'd rather trade for a lower value game I know I'll play.

Yes, trading one for multiple games or vice versa happens quite often (or at least I've done it a lot).

The best way to go about trades is sending a geek mail first with the game(s) you are willing to trade and what you are looking for. Some people get offended by actual trade proposals (I've never understood why). Also, you can send several geek mails out about the same game without being tied to a proposal. You don't always get responses, but sending out more inquiries via geek mail helps your chances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than proposing official trades, send out geekmails about possible trades. That way you can send several at once, work out any details, and then send (one) actual trade proposal. If someone doesn't respond, it doesn't hold you up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kacz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the speedy replies! I'll take the advise and send out GMs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rasnic
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JohnKacz wrote:

The game:

My questions are:

(but more importantly)

and

I've been watching this game for quite awhile. it comes up on trades/auctions pretty frequently, and usually goes unsold for above $50, even with the expansions. If I were trading to acquire it, I'd probably value it at $30-$40, even brand new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnKacz wrote:

Amazon is asking prices which can be pretty meaningless.
I'd recommend completed listings on Ebay for the best current market valuation over any other site

Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.