$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » NSW (Sydney)

Subject: Who here loves a good stat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manny M
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you the kind of person who couldn't really care less about the statistics behind your plays?

Or do you find it completely fascinating to get see the statistics behind your gaming habits?

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the latter. Having the ability to track my gaming history is really fascinating to me, more-so when I can gain some insight into information such as;

* What game have I played most of (ever, or during a set period of time)
* Who am I gaming most with
* Where do I do most of my gaming
* What's my win ratio
* etc....

I was really excited by the BGG app and its ability to log plays without having to navigate the browser on my phone. It was basic, but it worked well enough... well that was until I recently discovered an app for IOS called Board Game Stats.

Oh boy, is this app amazing! Not only does it enable you to very simply log plays, but the statistics it provides as a result are amazing! Pie graphs, bar graphs, ordered lists... you name it!

Ok, it is a paid app, and there is a little bit of initial configuration to get it all up and running, but once you've added your regular gaming locations, games and players, logging future plays is REALLY simple. Plus it syncs directly into BGG which makes it really handy.

Have a look at this beautiful smattering of information! Mmmm, juicy!

Anyway, I just thought i'd highlight this amazing app for anyone who is like minded and wasn't aware of it.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pursey
Australia
Austinmer
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmb
Agreed - this app is amazing.

A little too amazing in fact - as I've spent a ridiculous amount of time since it was released populating my BGG stats. It does such a great job of presenting the raw data well, and from a heap of different perspectives.

Here's a chart that shows what I love about the IWG group - you never know who you'll end up playing with, but such a great bunch of friendly folk and meeting more all the time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobbes TheTyger
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking for this but didn't realise it was for ios. Does anyone know of an android equivalent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbes The Tyger wrote:
I was just looking for this but didn't realise it was for ios. Does anyone know of an android equivalent?

ScorePal is a good Android alternative. There is a free version but it lacks features like BGG integration. The paid version is around $4.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hfd.scorep...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny M
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
strings wrote:
Agreed - this app is amazing.

A little too amazing in fact - as I've spent a ridiculous amount of time since it was released populating my BGG stats. It does such a great job of presenting the raw data well, and from a heap of different perspectives.

Here's a chart that shows what I love about the IWG group - you never know who you'll end up playing with, but such a great bunch of friendly folk and meeting more all the time

I notice a distinct lack of Manny on that list. It must be rectified!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pursey
Australia
Austinmer
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmb
Haha - I noticed that too Manny. I look forward to a game in at the next meet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.