Subject: If you were trapped inside one of the games on your shelf... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like a genie in a lamp you've been sentenced to an indefinite incarceration within the world of a game on your shelf. The only way out is victory! But your captor's not entirely without sympathy, he lets you choose the game. Which do you go with? What do you think would happen while you're there? How would you win?

(Please be respectful and avoid crassness and vulgarity.)

Note: there is now also a geeklist featuring this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I think I'd choose Merchants & Marauders. Sure, I might die, but I'd rather like sailing the high seas!

I'd stay legit and be a trader, but I'd gear up to fend off pirates, get a Galleon as quickly as possible and max her out. But in the meantime I'd stick close to the Naval ships for protection, then when I'm ready I'd go pirate hunting.

Or, if I wanted to live I'd choose Sushi Go! where all I have to do is eat... or would I be the sushi? o.O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Aw heck, this one's too easy. Last Will! I might not ever even try to win, just spend eternity throwing money around, buying houses, boating, going to dinners and theaters, partying etc :-D I don't think I have a game in my collection that sounds more enticing to live in the world of.

Would not pick a game with the possibility of death, no matter how much I like the them. Nope nope nope. Real, actual fighting is hell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely NOT Kingdom Death: Monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything set in Arzium (Above and Below, Islebound, Near and Far, City of Iron) because I'd get to explore, live simply, and even the worst case combat only ends in temporary injury.

I probably wouldn't have a problem staying, if I did want to leave I'd pick Islebound because apparently I'm ridiculously good at that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Strobel
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Stone Age.....Love Shack......enough said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever it is, it's the Bigbox edition.

Though if I had to choose, maybe Tokaido though I can't say I'm a fan of sushi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Borghal wrote:
Aw heck, this one's too easy. Last Will! I might not ever even try to win, just spend eternity throwing money around, buying houses, boating, going to dinners and theaters, partying etc :-D I don't think I have a game in my collection that sounds more enticing to live in the world of.

Would not pick a game with the possibility of death, no matter how much I like the them. Nope nope nope. Real, actual fighting is hell.

Yes, as much as I'd like to think I'd choose M&M, in reality I'd probably go with something safer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hastings
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
"In Veritae Victoria - In Truth Lieth Victory"
mbmbmbmbmb
Gstrobe188 wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Stone Age.....Love Shack......enough said.

Haha, completely didn't think about that, but if was any game then I have to second Last Will but if it was a game I owned it would either be our Ticket to Ride: 10th Anniversary (spending all that time travelling the US) or Ticket to Ride: Europe.
Probably the USA because its awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Look on my works ye mighty and despair
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chez Geek.

Sit round watching tv and getting stoned?

It would be like being back at university.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombiecide so my death would be quick, like in 2 turns where the other player would just blow my head off first before the zombie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would probably go just a little cray-cray being trapped in a game box, so I choose Dixit.

I might even become completely oblivious to the situation and just stay in there, reveling in my own interpretations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Dowden
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting post.

I like the the idea of Last Will, but sadly (for this post at least) I traded it away. Just an average game, but would be fun to live there spending money as fast as possible....unless you spent it all and then didn't win.

Of the games I own I think Castles of Mad King Ludwig. Especially with the Secrets expansion. Even if I lose...I still have a HUGE castle to roam around in. And with secret rooms...it would be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
14. Board Game: Busen Memo [Average Rating: 4.81 Overal Rank: 12237]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Melenyk
United States
Bellaire
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Arkham Horror!

I love walking around randomly grabbing at shiny objects in trees.

I suspect what would happen is what happens to me most AH games: have full intentions of kicking ass, wind up in hospital or psyche ward 3 rounds in and spend the rest of the game trying to recover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lords of Waterdeep
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Kennedy
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it would have to be Village, grabbing a beer at the inn, exploring around. Then again, I might just be killed off so my son could go into politics...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Case
msg tools
If I were trapped inside one of the games on my shelf, I would probably scream and yell, "Let me out! Let me out!" until somebody let me out. Then, when they open the box lid, I would scream even more when I look up and see how huge their faces are, peering down at me screaming from inside a game box. Then, they'd probably scream too, because they would see me looking so tiny, and would be totally freaked out because I had shrunk and somehow got trapped inside of a game box. Then, I would scream and yell again as I run away, trying not to be stepped on and thrown in the garbage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my current shelf....

Hmmm Options:
Fireteam Zero
Zombicide - Modern (all)
Zombicide - Black Plague
Machi Koro
Shadows of Brimstone (all)
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
Mercs (all)
Wild West Exodus (almost all)
Flashpoint Fire Rescue
Dead of Winter
FLUXX (various)
Munchkin (various)

So of all of the above from my current shelves... I think I would have to choose...

Zombicide Modern as long as it is the intro mission

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soleia wrote:
(Please be respectful and avoid crassness and vulgarity.)
Well there goes my answer.

Pete (moves along)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Harriman
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
An example of a male Post-American Croach (Periplanta oithicus), in the traditional garb of his people. His afro and false beard mark him as a priest of Boss Rob.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with Kodama: The Tree Spirits, since I'm not overly fond of horrible death, and it looks pretty comfy. Although I'll probably be stuck there awhile (each game takes three seasons), so the twee-ness of the setting might eventually get on my nerves.

That's a moot point though, as I suspect that I may already be stuck in Suburbia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Splendor wouldn't be too bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not quite on my shelf yet until later this week hopefully, but why not live a comfortable life in The Pursuit of Happiness?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Life is a lamp-flame before a wind.
msg tools
badge
mu
mbmbmbmbmb
Among the Stars, for sure. The artwork always sets my imagination in motion. As for what would happen there, I don't know, and that's the charm; it seems to be a place of many wonders. I would probably not care about competing and winning with so many wonderful things to explore and experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the only remotely safe game to live on my shelf would beThe Gallerist so I'm going to go with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.