Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we're all waiting around for CZE to make their big announcement, what do you guys think it will be and want it to be?

Poll
What do you think Cryptozoic's announcement will be?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Relaunching
13.7% 16
Reworking of pledges
51.3% 60
Unlock all (or alot) of SGs to begin with
40.2% 47
Other (list in comments)
9.4% 11
Voters 117
What do you WANT Cryptozoic's announcement to be?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Relaunching
62.2% 74
Reworking of pledges
21.8% 26
Unlock all (or alot) of SGs to begin with
34.5% 41
Other (list in comments)
3.4% 4
Voters 119
This poll is now closed.   120 answers
Poll created by kevinjohn3d
Closes: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since they already said they wouldn't relaunch it, they better fix it somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When did they say that? I am on the comments like a hawk and don't recall that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
Well, since they already said they wouldn't relaunch it, they better fix it somehow.

That was part of the reason I wanted to make the poll. To see how popular a relaunch was. I didn't know they said they wouldn't but I was already expecting they weren't going to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lorenzo
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
They need to unlock all the non-kickstarter exclusives and offer a tier at a lower price and include more exclusives that are actually worth something...but I don't see this happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phate999 wrote:

Oh sorry, maybe I'm wrong. This was just heresay. Someone on the boards had mentioned that Cryptozoic couldn't launch a second kickstarter, so maybe they could, but personally I don't see that happening. I wonder if they can at least lengthen out the kickstarter after fixing the pledges and stretch goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Ernie
msg tools
I chose other because I believe they will unlock additional SG, but not in a sufficient qty to make a major difference. They made a bid deal about their first modified update last week and it was no where near where it need to be. I believe to little too late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EvilErnie01 wrote:
I chose other because I believe they will unlock additional SG, but not in a sufficient qty to make a major difference. They made a bid deal about their first modified update last week and it was no where near where it need to be. I believe to little too late.

Sadly, knowing Cryptozoic, that wouldn't surprise me either

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
Phate999 wrote:

Oh sorry, maybe I'm wrong. This was just heresay. Someone on the boards had mentioned that Cryptozoic couldn't launch a second kickstarter, so maybe they could, but personally I don't see that happening. I wonder if they can at least lengthen out the kickstarter after fixing the pledges and stretch goals.

They do not know if AMC would allow them to relaunch the KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My opinion probably isn't popular, but I really don't see this is a miniatures game, mainly because with zombies part of the mix of course you need an entire bucket of them.

I really think the leadership and card playing mechanic is cool and can totally imagine sitting around a table with friends that are a fan of the show and really getting into the character roles while trying to make decisions as to what needs to be done.

As much as I think the character miniatures are cool I don't think they're necessary. The meat of the game (IMHO) is that card playing mechanic, not moving miniatures around and positioning them for fights or range or line of sight. I know opinions vary but I think standees or chits would work fine.

If the KS could be relaunched with a $40 box that uses standees or chits and the stretch goals and add-ons are going to be more characters and scenarios (with associated chits and cards), I think that would do much better (also assuming that $40 box is just going to retail at big box stores).

I know launching a KS project with minis is all the rage but after being part of more than 2 dozen KS projects, the majority of the times there has been problems, delays or a delivery with a lower than expected quality it has involved a KS project focused on miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent DePonte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Cryptozoic, living up to their over promise-under deliver philosophy, just said to not expect the update "this morning", they're on west coast time but it's already past noon on the east coast.

Very unlikely we get an update today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiyoshi Aphelion
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:

They're burning up daylight...have been since Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FellintoOblivion wrote:
Cryptozoic, living up to their over promise-under deliver philosophy, just said to not expect the update "this morning", they're on west coast time but it's already past noon on the east coast.

It's entirely possible that we don't get an update today due to AMC having to approve everything. I am sure crypt would have posted an update already if they didn't need approval. I imagine this issue really isn't at the top of AMC's list of important tasks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krayziekmf wrote:
FellintoOblivion wrote:

It's entirely possible that we don't get an update today due to AMC having to approve everything. I am sure crypt would have posted an update already if they didn't need approval. I imagine this issue really isn't at the top of AMC's list of important tasks.

In the last update, Crypto said they need approval from all of their partners. So it's more than just AMC. There can be additional delays if one partner doesn't approve the plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantom Load wrote:
My opinion probably isn't popular, but I really don't see this is a miniatures game, mainly because with zombies part of the mix of course you need an entire bucket of them.

I actually agree with you even though I am a miniatures guy, but for some reason I don't see a need for this game to have minis. (Maybe because I have so many zombie minis from Zombicide already) I think you're right, the mechanics for this game are in the cards and leadership mechanics not the tons of zombies on the board. Just like Dead of Winter which uses standees, I think this game can stand on it's own without the minis. If anything, make the character minis as add-ons along with the expansions. Leave the stretch goals for additional characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drop the game so that they can make better quality games not tied to an IP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rimewisp wrote:

Brilliant idea! Oh, wait, no, turns out people can still make quality games tied to an IP.

Quote:
The Poll

So it looks like the majority was right about what CZE announced, they reworked the pledges and added a lot more value to them. While the majority said they wanted a relaunch, perhaps the turn around will get CZE enough momentum to finish strong. We'll know in 6 days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
Rimewisp wrote:

Brilliant idea! Oh, wait, no, turns out people can still make quality games tied to an IP.

Quote:
The Poll

So it looks like the majority was right about what CZE announced, they reworked the pledges and added a lot more value to them. While the majority said they wanted a relaunch, perhaps the turn around will get CZE enough momentum to finish strong. We'll know in 6 days!

I don't see why you felt the need to make the poll if you didn't want honest answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rimewisp wrote:
I don't see why you felt the need to make the poll if you didn't want honest answers.

It was honest, it wasn't reasonable. No one expected CZE to drop the game. No one (except you I guess) wanted them to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
Rimewisp wrote:

It was honest, it wasn't reasonable. No one expected CZE to drop the game. No one (except you I guess) wanted them to.

You mean compared to the other person who said?

Davej360 wrote:
I honestly don't think they could do a whole lot.

I want a re-launch with a re-skin non walking dead game. The game looks great and it won't get bogged down with licenses or fees or the feel to "need" certain characters.

I also doubt that is possible.

Same thing. The game is bogged down with licenses that weren't needed and would have been a good game even without the Walking Dead bit stuck on it. It just detracts from the game at this point and is causing problems.

Also I don't care if my opinion -was- the only one. You shouldn't jump on people for voicing them when you directly ask for it. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you have to be rude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rimewisp wrote:
You mean compared to the other person who said?

Davej360 wrote:
I honestly don't think they could do a whole lot.

I want a re-launch with a re-skin non walking dead game. The game looks great and it won't get bogged down with licenses or fees or the feel to "need" certain characters.

I also doubt that is possible.

Same thing. The game is bogged down with licenses that weren't needed and would have been a good game even without the Walking Dead bit stuck on it. It just detracts from the game at this point and is causing problems.

Also I don't care if my opinion -was- the only one. You shouldn't jump on people for voicing them when you directly ask for it. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you have to be rude.

Eh, guess it was differences in tone. Yours just sounded like you weren't being sincere about it. Maybe it was the implication that this wasn't a good quality game.

At any rate, dropping the IP still isn't going to happen. CZE had to already pay licensing fees just to get to this point so they won't just give up on it.

Finally, in the annals of Internet history, I don't think my response would be very high on the list of 'rudest responses'. Having said that, I was just trying to do sarcastic humor and at the end of a long day, I guess it came out harsher than I intended. Sorry about that, I certainly don't want to jump on people. I'm a big guy and it would probably hurt

Thanks everyone for their input, but now that this announcement is said and done, the poll is officially moot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.