United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ah eee hah!
badge
YUB NUB!
mbmbmbmbmb
>G just released an unboxing video for their foil-print hero collection, which incidentally revealed a lot of cool new hero powers. I'll transcribe them here for ease of reference as I watch the video. Video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlDXWVtR48A

Obviously, there will be spoilers ahead, so read at your own risk.

----

FF Tachyon
Blitz: Tachyon deals 1 target 1 melee damage. You may movea burst card from your trash to the bottom of your deck. If you do, use this power again now.

FF Wraith
Clandestine Funding: Draw a card. Until the end of your next turn, whenever you draw a card, you may discard a card. If you do, one other player may draw a card.

Visionary Unleashed
Crushing Lucidity: Visionary deals 1 target X psychic damage, where X is equal to the number of your ongoing cards in play plus 1.

Parse: Fugue State
Neural Processing: Play the bottom card of your deck. If you discarded a card this turn, one other player may play the bottom card of their deck.

Xtreme Argent Adept
Rebel Yell: Argent Adept deals 1 target other than himself 2 sonic damage. If another hero is dealt damage this way, [that hero] plays a card and uses a power.

Captain Cosmic: Fused
Requital: Reveal the top 3 cards fo your deck. Put them in play in any order. Then, if there are 4 or more constructs in play, each construct deals Captain Cosmic 2 psychic damage.

Xtreme Captain Cosmic
Play With Madness: Captain Cosmic deals 1 target 1 energy damage. Each construct deals that target 1 energy damage.

Xtreme Haka
Die Hard: [text not legible]

Xtreme Tempest
Thunderstruck: Tempest deals 1 target 1 lightning damage. A non-character target dealt damage this way loses any end-of-turn effects on its card until the start of Tempest's next turn.

Luminary
Devise: Discard the top 2 cards of your deck. Move any devices discarded this way into play.

alt Luminary
Empowered Attack: Deal 1 target X lightning damage, where X equals the number of devices in play.

The Harpy
Arcane Blast: The Harpy deals 1 target 2 infernal damage.

Dark Watch The Harpy
Refocus: Flip one control token. You may play a card.

Akash'Thriya
Dormant Essence. Put a primordial seed from your hand or trash into environment trash. Draw a card.

Akash'Thriya: Spirit of the Void
Essence Eruption: Either draw a card or play a card. Each primordial seed in play deals 1 target 1 toxic damage.

La Commodora: Curse of the Black Spot
Backtrack Shot: La Commodora deals 1 target 2 energy damage. Discard the top card of a deck.

Lifeline
Extract Power: Draw a card. One player may draw a card.

Lifeline: Blood Mage
Vitae Strike: Lifeline deals himself and each villain target 2 infernal damage.

Stuntman
[?] Incroyable: Stuntman deals 1 target 1 irreducible projectile damage. Increase this damage by 2 when this power is used outside your turn.

Stuntman: Action Hero
All My Own Stunts: Until the start of your next turn, increase damage dealt by Stuntman by 1. You may play a card.

Benchmark
The New Standard: Draw a card. Benchmark deals 1 target 1 energy damage.

Benchmark: Supply and Demand
Desperate Measures: Benchmark regains 1 HP. Play the top card of your deck.

Void Guard Doc Medico
Clinical Consult: Select a target. The next time that target regains HP, increase the amount gained by 2.

Doc Medico: Malpractice
Red Right Hand: Until the end of your next turn, whenever a hero target would regain HP, Dr. Medico deals 1 target that amount of energy damage instead.

Void Guard Mainstay
Beatdown: Mainstay deals 1 target 1 melee damage, then deals 1 target 1 melee damage.

Mainstay: Road Warrior
[text not legible]

Void Guard The Idealist
[text not legible]

Super Sentai The Idealist
[text not legible]

Void Guard Writhe*
Sink into Shadow: Search your deck or trash for the shadow cloak and put it into play. Shuffle your deck.

Void Guard Cosmic Inventor*
Mk. II Shadow Projector: Draw 1 card. Select a hero. Until the start of your next turn, prevent the first damage dealt to that hero each turn.

Completionist Guise*
Impressive Collection: Replace a hero character card in play with a variant of that hero. Put the replaced card safely under this card. Either use the power on the replaced card (replacing that hero's name with "Guise") or Guise deals 1 target 2 psychic damage.

----

* credit for starred entries to WalkingTarget from the SotM subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/sentinelsmultiverse/comments/4uoy8n...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven P
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for beating me to this. By cranking up the resolution and pausing carefully (after multiple attempts), I could make out (not 100% confident):

Akash'Thriya: Dormant Essence. Put a primordial seed from your hand or trash into environment trash. Draw a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is so freaking exciting.

I don't know if it's an official name, but the first new Captain Cosmic variant was being called Captain Cosmic: Fused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ewokalypse wrote:

alt Stuntman
All My Own Stunts: Until the start of your next turn, increase damage dealt by Ambuscade by 1. You may play a card.

By Ambuscade?! Your typo, or theirs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Badell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is definitely not what that card says.

I'm looking at it right now.

Whew, gave me a heart attack for a second there...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GTGChristopher wrote:

Lol, that would have been hilarious (for me, not you)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Garrison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
ewokalypse wrote:

* credit for starred entries to WalkingTarget from the SotM subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/sentinelsmultiverse/comments/4uoy8n...

I'm here too! Glad to have helped with deciphering some of them. The trick on these last few was mostly catching the left-most part of the card text while the previous card was being shifted over to the bottom of the stack in her right hand.

The main La Commodora one is the one that I feel like I should be able to read, but just can't quite catch it - pausing is just blurry, but when in motion it's just on the cusp of legibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the list!

I didn't read through all the heroes to not spoil too much but I noticed you have an error here:
ewokalypse wrote:
Neural Processing: Play the bottom card of your deck. If you discard a card that turn, one other player may play the bottom card of their deck.

Play the bottom card of your deck. If you discarded a card this turn, one other player may play the bottom card of their deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just going to point out that Luminary's base powers are looking in Luminary's deck for the Device keyword.

Think about the ramifications of that for a moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my god, Completionist Guise. Oh my god. Oh my god.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle C
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ah eee hah!
badge
YUB NUB!
mbmbmbmbmb
GTGChristopher wrote:

H'woops--sorry for the cardiac distress, Chris. And sorry to Ansel for holding his past against him.

Corrected in the original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle C
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ah eee hah!
badge
YUB NUB!
mbmbmbmbmb
dannte wrote:
Thanks for the list!

I didn't read through all the heroes to not spoil too much but I noticed you have an error here:
ewokalypse wrote:
Neural Processing: Play the bottom card of your deck. If you discard a card that turn, one other player may play the bottom card of their deck.

Play the bottom card of your deck. If you discarded a card this turn, one other player may play the bottom card of their deck.

Thanks for the sharper eyes--fixed in the original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had trouble getting past FF Tachyon...

I play lightspeed barrage for 22 damage.
Now I'll activate my power 22 times (for another 22 damage).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kusinohki wrote:

Technically 23 damage on the power use, since the first one is free.
surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With just a +1 the power can do 46 damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just thinking about the shenanigans Grandpa Legacy and the Argent Adept can get into with Completionist Guise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven P
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Lightspeed Barrage three times, then the power 22 times...with some boosts from Legacy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're adding in +1's from Legacy, you should also be adding in -1's from villains.
It's good, but it's not always 3rd Lightspeed Barrage good (And waiting until the end is not always the best use of that power).

EDIT: In a playtesting game against Kaargra Warfang Tachyon managed to get the Chaos Lord Title, hitting yourself after setting up your own deck can be very fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This probably isn't the place for it, but has there been any updates as to when we'll get the hero collection in hand (for those of us not attending any cons)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevermind. Just hadn't seen the KS update yet. Just after Gencon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven P
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But if we add in a few +1s from Insula Primalis...

Agreed that waiting until the end of the deck probably isn't the best use, but it sure sounds like fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gossamerica wrote:
But if we add in a few +1s from Insula Primalis...

Agreed that waiting until the end of the deck probably isn't the best use, but it sure sounds like fun!

I'd like to see it used on a Gritty Reboot Guise to draw the deck who then drops the entire thing on the villain (knowing Guise, probably literally).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Mantuano
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kusinohki wrote:

"Reduce damage to all villain targets by 1" yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oninoted wrote:
kusinohki wrote:

"Reduce damage to all villain targets by 1" yuk

These moments are why I love playing Parse. Let me help you with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kusinohki wrote:
Bear in mind her card-discarding is way less good than other versions. Getting to 22 becomes much harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.