Hide
13 Posts

Old School Tactical» Forums » Rules

Subject: Foot vs. Tanks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland Deshain
msg tools
Is there a way to defeat tanks with squads or will they always need a special weapon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nht
United States
Detroit
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shepcy wrote:
Is there a way to defeat tanks with squads or will they always need a special weapon?

Melee works pretty well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Infantry will use their fire power when in melee with tanks. So a rifle squad with 4 fp +2 for melee are working with a 6 fp vs the front armor of tanks. If the tank is weak, that is good odds for the infantry. All those guys swarming the tank with grenades and whatever they can muster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall that melee happens vs. the flank armor value. I am old and sick so my rusty memory might be failing me worse than usual.

Edited to fix a typo and to admit that I was wrong - Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I seem to recall that male happens vs. the flank armor value. I am old and sick so my rusty memory might be failing me worse than usual.

Page 16, 30. Melee combat, step 12. Vehicles use their front defense value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I seem to recall that melee happens vs. the flank armor value. I am old and sick so my rusty memory might be failing me worse than usual.

Edited to fix a typo and to admit that I was wrong - Sorry.

You have nothing to be sorry for, I apologize if my answer was short or seemed snarky. I enjoy discussing the game and looking up rules!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your answer was perfect. I was wrong, so I admitted it. No worries here! Except that I cannot recall rules any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
Yet while exulting in solitude I became aware of a strange lack. I wished a companion to lie near in the starlight, silent, unmoving, but within touch. For there's fellowship more quiet than solitude, and rightly understood is solitude made perfect.
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Your answer was perfect. I was wrong, so I admitted it. No worries here! Except that I cannot recall rules any more.

Yeah - me either. Every day I have HUNDREDS of new games...

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lately they are all beginning to be new to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Lately they are all beginning to be new to me!

I agree, it's tough to play them. I have a hard time remembering what rules from what game I've designed apply to which system. A serious problem in '65 and NOM... which are similar but not exact system replicas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides the Anti-Tank Rifles and Ampulomets,

7/ 7. Flamethrowers, Satchel charges, Grenade bundles and Molotovs can be used against vehicles in an adjacent hex. Firepower of weapon is halved ( rounding fractions down ) and the squads FP is not added to attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can Flamethrowers, Satchel charges, Grenade bundles and Molotovs be used in (same hex) melee ? and at what strength ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Pultorak wrote:
Can Flamethrowers, Satchel charges, Grenade bundles and Molotovs be used in (same hex) melee ? and at what strength ?

Satchel charges cannot be used in hex in Melee, but other weapons yes, at full Firepower
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.