Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone proofread the rules before it went to press? I just received my copy of the game and a couple of things:

1. The setup image doesn't match the setup description! It says to put the yellow cake cards in piles of 1, 3, 5 yet says nothing about the Uranium. The image shows 2 yellow cake piles 1, 3 and two uranium piles 1,2! Which is the correct setup?

2. The rules say nothing about the tokens that were added to the game through the kickstarter! I awesome the tokens are to replace the cards yet not really sure!

3. The rules state "The personnel it provides may then be used to activate ONE card" BUT the example shows personnel being used from one card to activate TWO cards! Which way is this rules actually suppose to work?

4. In the solo rules it says to deal out 4 bomb cards as if it were a 4 player game but it doesn't say anything about the deck and if you keep it or leave it in the box? Anyone?

Anyone play this solo yet and how well does it play? This is primarily why I got the game!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no trouble with the rules. Though I guess a few things weren't mentioned directly, I didn't find it hard to understand either.

(since I don't have the rules in front of me I'm going by the version on the kickstarter page)

1. Description doesn't match the image. Ya, I noticed this too. But...it doesn't really matter, the cake/uranium piles are just resources, they could be in one random pile, it wouldn't matter either way.

2. The Tokens do replace the cards. This just makes sense. Another way to display resources.

3. Personnel from the sides of cards can only be used to activate one card. But you can use more than one sideways card to active a card (and you often need to). Personnel that you gain from activating a university card can be split to activate other cards however you like.

4. Solo play is set up just like multiplayer. All cards are used as normal. This is just saying to have 4 bombs out at all times instead of 1 per person (which would be 1 in solo play). Keep the deck as you'll be replacing bombs as you build them as normal.

5. (unstated rules you might run into) The special cards with solo rules don't necessarily remove the normal action printed on the card. It just gives you more options since you can't target an opponent. Examples:
The Factory lets you draw cards from the deck or make an opponent discard cards. The solo rule is drawing cards from the discard pile. But you are still able to draw from the deck if you want.
The Double Agent lets you use a Landmark for free or steal one yellow cake. The solo rule lets you play a card from your hand for free. You can still use a landmark for free if you want.
The Espionage Agent only targets enemies, so here the solo rule is all you would use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Caracappa
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You'll notice that there aren't separate Uranium and Yellowcake decks. The yellowcake and Uranium denominations correspond with the amount enriched equalling the output amount on each of the Enrichment Plants. The cards are designed to be flipped over when yellowcake is enriched into Uranium.

Look at the three different Enrichment plants and you'll see...
1 yc enriches to 1 U
3 yc enriches to 2 U
5 yc enriches to 3 U

...thus the facings on the resource cards.

TL/DR - No, separate stacks for YC and Uranium aren't really needed

2. Pretty sure the tokens are to replace the resource cards.

3. If you are talking about the example where the three scientists from the university are activating two cards, this is legal. When a card is used for personnel (Played sideways), its personnel can only be used to activate one card and do not "float" in your pool.

When a card provides personnel from its activation (i.e. - University activated with two laborers provides 3 scientists) those scientists are now "floating" in your worker pool and can be used however able on as many cards as you can ON THIS TURN. Unused personnel do not stay in the pool beyond the turn they are acquired.

4. Solo rules don't change from main rules other than the exceptions pointed out in the "Solo Play" section. That said, the second to last line in "Play Overview" on the front page says to "Replenish the Bomb Plan row if someone built a bomb."

Of course I may be wrong, but that is my $0.02

EDIT - ninjaed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja For once I am the ninja

JpC812 wrote:
3. If you are talking about the example where the three scientists from the university are activating two cards, this is legal.

Ahh, thats the example I didn't see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Caracappa
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and as far as Solo play...

I am not usually a solo play person and I have to say this does a nice job of it. I have played it a few times and it is nicely streamlined for a quick play as a solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! I'm James Mathe and I endorse the above answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:
Thanks guys! I'm James Mathe and I endorse the above answers

HI James,

Just for you:

Incredible kickstarter - so glad I backed!
Tokens are awesome! I love the new wooden tokens!
The card art is beautiful! You need to pay your artist extra for the work they put in to this!
I'll be watching for your next kickstarter!

I love how I can now play Manhattan Project for a quick solo game when I don't have time to play the big game!

Big thumbs up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.