Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Graham
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During strategic movement, can I move all the SPS out of a hex leaving generals behind, as long I move the generals (they'd have to be 1-2 stars) to hexes with SPs during Leader Management?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
POUM
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Off hand, no, I think you have to leave 1SP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Rule 7.6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Graham
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought "No" was the answer, too, but it seems inconsistent with the Action Phase rules that you can leave them alone as long as you get them to an SP before the end of the phase.

It comes up in my games with small stacks, in the strategic phase where I want to move all the SPs and their general(s), but when moving the SPs I have to leave an SP for the generals because Leader Management is deemed a later phase. So in the end I have moved the generals and all the SPs except 1 SP, who often falls to the enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ragram wrote:
I thought "No" was the answer, too, but it seems inconsistent with the Action Phase rules that you can leave them alone as long as you get them to an SP before the end of the phase.

That's not the rule for the Action Phase. You can't move all of the SPs away from a general during the Action Phase, either. Even if you plan to remedy the situation in the same phase.

I cited the rule, 7.6. The first sentence is awfully clear: "Players may never intentionally leave a General without at least 1 SP."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Graham
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it had been decided you could voluntarily leave generals alone as long as the joined SPs before the end of the action phase.
Simonitch: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/?14@@.1ddabee3/3794.
Also see:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/21402261#21402261.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ragram wrote:
I thought it had been decided you could voluntarily leave generals alone as long as the joined SPs before the end of the action phase.
Simonitch: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/?14@@.1ddabee3/3794.

I'm kind of befuddled by your posting because the link says just the opposite:

Can a general be moved without SPs?

--Yes, but make sure he ends his move with at least 1 SP.

There's nothing here about leaving the general alone (as opposed to moving the general) or about the end of the action phase (as opposed to the end of that specific move).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Graham
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I see the difference. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Graham
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I acknowledged your reply when I was busy with something else. I do see the difference you are speaking about, but I don't understand what the difference is based on, i.e., why it is in the rules. If a general can be moved without SPs, why not be left alone and other SPs move to his position?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know why. You would have to ask Mark or Jim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.