Subject: When controlling another players' figures... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Bradley
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Scotland
flag msg tools
When I use the artifact that lets me move another player's figures up to 3 spaces, do their abilities still work as they move?

I'm thinking no for the Orc (can you actually control the enemy Orc, I forget now?), because killing heroes with the Orc actually costs an action. But for the Knight and Wraith, the rules state that their abilities fire automatically when they enter a room. E.g. when the Knight enters a room, he automatically kills all Orcs in it. Thus can I mind-control player 2's Knight, and kill player 3's Orc with it just by moving him through the appropriate room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head, I think it only lets you move opponent's heroes so I think the orc and wraith are out anyway. However, I assume that if you were to move the knight into a room containing an opposing orc he would automatically kill it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
England
Harrow
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
You can control an orc. The card allows you to, "Move an opponent's hero or monster (but not a cave troll)."

The rules use "your" and "opponent" a lot. "Your orc" can spend an action, when "your wraith" enters a room. The rules say when your knight enters, not when an opponent's knight enters or when a knight remains in a room.

Based on the above:
No, special abilities do not function for controlled figures.
A controlled wraith won't chase away anything since it's not yours.
A controlled orc cannot be used to kill anything since it's not yours.
A controlled knight won't kill any orcs on entering a room since it's not yours.
A previously controlled knight won't kill any orcs in the room it stopped in since being in a room isn't entering that room.

You could control a knight, move it into your orc's room and leave it there. It would cost two actions for the opponent to exit and re-enter the room. Admittedly, you could move it three rooms away from your orc and then it would take four move actions just to get it into the orc's room but who's to say what the rest of the board is like. Or just kill the knight with an orc action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.