Shawn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first 4-player game of CoB:TCG recently.

by round 3 we had to shuffle up the discard pile and use it as the new draw pile. I didn't see a section in the rules which says to do this but I just assumed.

is this typical (near round 3) for a four player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never seen this happen. I didn't think it was possible, and certainly not in the third round. You might be playing something wrong to go through that many tiles that fast.

I've played over 100x, not very many 3-4p games so I could be wrong, but I'm betting on a misinterpretation of a rule somewhere. Curious what others have to say.

meeple Keep playing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bkunes wrote:
I've never seen this happen. I didn't think it was possible, and certainly not in the third round. You might be playing something wrong to go through that many tiles that fast.

I've played over 100x, not very many 3-4p games so I could be wrong, but I'm betting on a misinterpretation of a rule somewhere. Curious what others have to say.

meeple Keep playing...

Are you talking about the card game or board game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, easily. Should happen 2-3 times per game depending on how much silver people are getting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
bkunes wrote:

meeple Keep playing...

Are you talking about the card game or board game?
Doh! Sorry, I keep forgetting there is a card game. laugh

Forget I said anything. In the card game, yes, I can see the need to shuffle as we have in our single play of the card game. blush

meeple Keep playing (and forget anything I've said)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 4p game, two of us were going for 3x silver bonus actions whenever we could. We burned through the deck quickly. It felt odd to shuffle and reuse the discard pile, thanks for confirming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a solo game I got past mid-way through the deck but that's because I kept getting lots of Silver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fusilier
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cardflopper wrote:
I played my first 4-player game of CoB:TCG recently.

by round 3 we had to shuffle up the discard pile and use it as the new draw pile. I didn't see a section in the rules which says to do this but I just assumed.

is this typical (near round 3) for a four player game?

Yep! From the rulebook (page 13, English):

Quote:
End of a round
At the end of six turns, after all players have
played their cards, the round ends. Prepare for
the next round:
- All cards remaining in the display are discarded.

- 7, 10 or 13 new cards are placed in the display,
as explained under “Game Setup”.
(If necessary, reshuffle the discarded cards to create a
new draw pile
.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.