For the People» Forums » Rules

Subject: Relieving general after losing large battle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Kappers
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
5.61 states in part: "If the Army was defeated in a large battle on the owning player's last strategy round (even from the previous turn), the cost to relieve the Army's commanding general is half (rounded up) of what it would be otherwise," Since it specifies"owning player's last strategy round," I assume this means the discount is inapplicable when the Union relieves a general after suffering a large battle defeat during the immediately preceding Confederate strategy round.Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan,

I think you got it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

So only major losses on offense, not defense, allow the penalty reduction?

Seems wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calxx55 wrote:

So only major losses on offense, not defense, allow the penalty reduction?

Seems wrong.

Well, it may have something to do with making it easier to get the better Union Generals into the armies since the Confederacy has a clear advantage in it's General battle/activation ratings in the early part of the game. Since it is more likely for the Confederacy to win a large battle in the early going maybe the penalty reduction for the General replacement is more of a balancing issue for the Union. This way they won't have to lose a large battle, pay a strategic will cost (an eight point swing or more depending on fortunes of war), and then also having to pay the full strategic will cost to get a better replacement into the game.

I am sure Mark Herman had his reasons...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.