Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each point of guns represents around 100 lbs of cannonballs being fired, roughly 3 guns (a 6 gun section, three per side).

See the article in The General, vol 13 #2 for details (you can find a PDF online).

As to ammunition, actual cannonballs were the least of the captain's worries. The Royal Navy was rather parsimonious with gunpowder, and if a captain wanted his gun crews to practice, the captain would have to buy extra powder out of his own pocket!

Edit: the OP removed his question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Todd
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the advanced game, it's 50pds per gun point.

Tournament WS&IM does have an ammo supply rule; it's not so much how much ammo there is, but how much made-up ready to fire ammo there is. When ready-use is used up it has to be made up as you go and so reduces gunnery somewhat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee K.
msg tools
I was the original poster. My original post was in two parts:

First was a question about the two different gun ratings in the ship descriptions, which I was able to figure out on my own.

The second was regarding supply and concerns that running out of cannon balls (or other ammo) was not covered, which has been answered above.

I had forgotten about my second question when I deleted the posting and am glad that it was seen and answered by someone before it disappeared into the ether.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.