Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As it says in the title. I ordered this early in the year and paid for it in April but still no sign of it. I emailed Academy Games about a week ago and got a standard reply back saying how busy they were. I now see that it is becoming available in game stores in the UK, at a price about equal or slightly less than I paid for it.

I don't mind waiting while they put the finishing touches to a game, while in development and have found AG to be helpful in the past. However, I do get a bit concerned when stores are selling a game, which I pre-ordered as there is still no sign that my copy is on the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug McMillan
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Glos
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

I did the same. Still no sign of it.

Regards,
Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No sorry me neither, I really do like the look of some of the video unboxings.

My email to AG generated an auto response saying they would reply to me in 5 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hotfuzz777 wrote:
No sorry me neither, I really do like the look of some of the video unboxings.

My email to AG generated an auto response saying they would reply to me in 5 days.

Mine said 10 days (that was 8 days ago) so maybe they are making some progress. Perhaps they are simply inundated with emails from people asking where their game is. In a slightly perverse way I am relieved to hear that others in the same boat, at least it indicates that the problem is systemic, rather than they have simply forgotten to send my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also waiting for the game. Tried to contact them twice since a few weeks ago to see what is going on and to try to change my address as I might be moving in September, but so far no answer from them. I also received an automatic answer from one of the emails, not the other, after two weeks of sending the email, that they are overwhelmed an will answer in 10 days.

Edit: I went ahead and wrote them again to change my address through their website and they answered back in a couple of minutes. At least now I know my game won't be lost in the mail. Let's hope they can deliver soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Croydon
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat, no game, no reply to my e-mail.

It's pretty sad that folk who pre-order and make the games / reprints possible end up getting the game later!

I do like AG's games but I've had a horrible experience with pre-ordering, it might well be the last time I ever do so with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Richardson
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't know if it's any help but I ordered this game a week ago direct from Academy Games and got it yesterday. It was shipped from the AG retail site in Germany apparently.

I live in Switzerland but that shouldn't make any difference. Something has gone wrong there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
gasha1 wrote:
Don't know if it's any help but I ordered this game a week ago direct from Academy Games and got it yesterday. It was shipped from the AG retail site in Germany apparently.

I live in Switzerland but that shouldn't make any difference. Something has gone wrong there.
Well, at least we know something is happening here in Europe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan van der Laan wrote:
gasha1 wrote:

Well, at least we know something is happening here in Europe...

Here in UK more shops are getting the game in stock, so I suppose is just a matter of time that they send the games to the pre-order people...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valek
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mb
I have received a mail back in May stating they are beginning shipping the preorders =).

Since then neither i was charged for my preorder nor i received any reply to my question on address change and obviously the game is not yet here.

By the way, French version is abt 15 usd cheaper at Boutique Philibert for me now and in stock, might be it should be faster just to learn French, and i can also save some coins =).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vaaa wrote:
I have received a mail back in May stating they are beginning shipping the preorders =).

Since then neither i was charged for my preorder nor i received any reply to my question on address change and obviously the game is not yet here.

By the way, French version is abt 15 usd cheaper at Boutique Philibert for me now and in stock, might be it should be faster just to learn French, and i can also save some coins =).

I did get charged in April/May, but I haven't received the game yet. And as they had changed my address yesterday (I had to contact them for that) I assume the game hasn't been shipped yet, but I haven't got an answer on when they are planing to do that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valek
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mb
jesberpen wrote:
I did get charged in April/May, but I haven't received the game yet.

I can imagine you feel much more disappointed than me then. Let's hope Academy Games will indeed manage to finish this story in the nearest future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fiachra Mac Aodha
Ireland
Dublin 3
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered in Ireland almost a year ago, was charged earlier this year. Nothing received or heard from them since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There are two reasons why I don't pre-order games from the US.

1 - The added cost of shipping, import taxes and courier admin charges makes it a much more expensive than waiting to buy it locally.

2 - I think it is an insult the game designer often make the game available to retailers before all those that pre-ordered have got their copies.

BTW I travel on business in the US often, and bought my copy in a US store a week ago. I often end up with long-awaited games before my poor countrymen who invested and pre-order long before I handed over any money.

I do miss out on the pre-order extras but on the flip side I often pay a lot less than those who pre-ordered - so are those extras really free?

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nheather wrote:
There are two reasons why I don't pre-order games from the US.

1 - The added cost of shipping, import taxes and courier admin charges makes it a much more expensive than waiting to buy it locally.

2 - I think it is an insult the game designer often make the game available to retailers before all those that pre-ordered have got their copies.

BTW I travel on business in the US often, and bought my copy in a US store a week ago. I often end up with long-awaited games before my poor countrymen who invested and pre-order long before I handed over any money.

I do miss out on the pre-order extras but on the flip side I often pay a lot less than those who pre-ordered - so are those extras really free?

Cheers,

Nigel

The thing is that this game is produced in Germany, so no import taxes and supposedly a faster distribution to Europe, although is getting a bit irritating that they don't answer to us with a date of when we are getting our game and we could have bought it for the same price already in a shop here, as I've seen it in stock already in multiple online shops. They are not doing a very good job at making people want to preorder with them for another game in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Richardson
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nheather wrote:

I should also point out that i got the Army expansion for free; something supposedly exclusive to those who pre-order.

Moral of the story: never pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone got any news I saw Bonding with board games video review and it looks really well put together.

However that's just a video I haven't had a reply from AG Website for an update.

Does that mean UK Stockists have received their stocks from America unlike us European pre orders who are recieving ours directly from Germany when they ship?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time (AtB2) I got the pre-ordered game through UGG (here in Germany). Assuming that will happen again, at least UGG has it not in stock yet, says pre-order item.
I think I've learned my lesson too and will wait instead of pre-ordering the next games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hotfuzz777 wrote:
Has anyone got any news I saw Bonding with board games video review and it looks really well put together.

However that's just a video I haven't had a reply from AG Website for an update.

Does that mean UK Stockists have received their stocks from America unlike us European pre orders who are recieving ours directly from Germany when they ship?

I haven't received an answer on the shipping yet. Is becoming quite annoying and I think is disrespectfull with the clients that preordered and helped finance the game to not even say a word to us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
May the Great Spirit Bless all who read this.
mb
jesberpen wrote:
hotfuzz777 wrote:

I haven't received an answer on the shipping yet. Is becoming quite annoying and I think is disrespectfull with the clients that preordered and helped finance the game to not even say a word to us.

I received the Academy Games Newsletter letting me know it is in the stores, thank you very much. Yet still no reply to my emails of some weeks ago or any word of the game being dispatched. I agree they are not treating loyal customers very well.

Someone from Academy Games who is reading this , get on the forum and explain yourselves please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Croydon
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a shipping e-mail today (to UK) so fingers crossed it should arrive soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigermuppetcut wrote:
I got a shipping e-mail today (to UK) so fingers crossed it should arrive soon.

Same here, although I am thinking that it may be a little while yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hope I'm not rubbing it in but my copy arrived yesterday in good order it's awesome. Scenarios look good light on counter count. Can't wait to give it a spin hope everybody else is receiving their copies.

Next question which COH title next years ago didn't they mention Crete or Normandy, early hours airborne action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hotfuzz777 wrote:
Next question which COH title next years ago didn't they mention Crete or Normandy, early hours airborne action?

Well next thing should be the Storms of Steel reprint, which was due about the same time as Guadalcanal but seems to have gone a bit quiet. There was mention of a Western Front/D-Day CoH game but I think that is still a twinkle in the eye. If you are inviting speculation I am guessing that a solo expansion for Guadalcanal might be next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hotfuzz777 wrote:
Hope I'm not rubbing it in but my copy arrived yesterday in good order it's awesome. Scenarios look good light on counter count. Can't wait to give it a spin hope everybody else is receiving their copies.

I live in hope, which carrier delivered your copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.