Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if the 1st edition expansions will work with the 2nd edition? (more notably the app)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the FFG announcement the second edition includes components to make portions of the the first edition compatible with the app and the second edition. This will NOT allow the first edition to be played on its own with the app. You have to have the second edition to use the app.

EDIT: Added the phrase in italics for better accuracy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the tiles and miniatures can be incorporated in the 2nd edition as far as the announcements go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nobody Special
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this is what the OP meant, but I would personally like it know the answer anyway:

Will the conversion kit/app incorporate 1st ed. expansion components into 2nd ed. gameplay?

To put it clearly: Will the conversion kit/App included in the second edition only incorporate monsters/investigators/tiles from the 1st edition BASE GAME or will it also allow the use of monsters/investigators/tiles from EXPANSIONS (e.g. Call of the Wild) as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobadubub wrote:
I don't know if this is what the OP meant, but I would personally like it know the answer anyway:

Will the conversion kit/app incorporate 1st ed. expansion components into 2nd ed. gameplay?

To put it clearly: Will the conversion kit/App included in the second edition only incorporate monsters/investigators/tiles from the 1st edition BASE GAME or will it also allow the use of monsters/investigators/tiles from EXPANSIONS (e.g. Call of the Wild) as well?

It will use CotW and FA as well. You can tell by the number of investigators included in the upgrade kit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nobody Special
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
It will use CotW and FA as well. You can tell by the number of investigators included in the upgrade kit.

Ah! Thanks for this info.

I have not seen that number anywhere. Has a component list been shown somewhere?

EDIT: Found a component list in another thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.