Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

What happens if both Germans and Russians are equal, in what order do you declare if you are going to spend more to influence the dice?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob S.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
All,

What happens if both Germans and Russians are equal, in what order do you declare if you are going to spend more to influence the dice?

Thx
jonpfl

If both sides are equal in CAPS prior to naming how many CAPS each wishes to spend to modify their respective initiative die rolls: since I don't see that specific circumstance in the rules (but perhaps others know of an errata or other official source), I would:

a) roll off to see who needs to declare first, or
b) have each side determine and reveal their CAP spending simultaneously, or
c) the side with prior initiative reveals first.

(Just thinking off the top of my head about what I would do.)

Cheers,
/Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Boutilier
United States
Smyrna Mills
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 3.2.4 says "Players may spend up to 2 caps to modify new round initiative rolls. The player with the most caps announces how many he will spend to modify his initiative dice roll." Then it says in parenthesis "(in case of ties, The Soviet player decides first)"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The AtB rules state that if CAPS are the same, the Soviets declare first. I don't have the rules in front of me to reference the exact paragraph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hbmaine wrote:
Rule 3.2.4 says "Players may spend up to 2 caps to modify new round initiative rolls. The player with the most caps announces how many he will spend to modify his initiative dice roll." Then it says in parenthesis "(in case of ties, The Soviet player decides first)"

Oddly enough, this has been removed from the latest version (v55) of the rules, downloadable from the Academy Games website. But yeah, this is how I've always played it, as the clause about Soviet prerogative is in my printed rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sahava wrote:
hbmaine wrote:

Oddly enough, this has been removed from the latest version (v55) of the rules, downloadable from the Academy Games website. But yeah, this is how I've always played it, as the clause about Soviet prerogative is in my printed rules.

Yeah, I just got the game about a month ago and my rules don't say that.

Weird.

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob S.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sahava wrote:
hbmaine wrote:

And I don't see that in the Price of Hounour "Rules Resource" book (that notes rules without being organized into a step-wise learning progression) which I looked at for my earlier response. Odd that it would be deleted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
And I don't see that in the Price of Hounour "Rules Resource" book (that notes rules without being organized into a step-wise learning progression) which I looked at for my earlier response. Odd that it would be deleted?

The original rule was specific to the Germans and Soviets, maybe that is why it was later taken out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.