Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Does Salonica Event place the Greek Army into Greece?

2. The Brits can give resources to the Russians, correct?

3. Can the British send any troops to Sinai/middle east or can only the units marked IEF or MEF troops move there? (Or is the IEF MEF units marked like that just for show?)

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm .... I may be wrong as I don't have the rules in front of me, but I'll try from memory -

1) No - only if the CP invades Greece outright or when the Exile of the King card appears;

2) Not until they open a route to Russia ... and that can only happen if they take territory in the Balkans or conquer Turkey. Gallipoli anyone?

3) I don't believe there is a restriction .... but doing so is not a great idea as the "square" areas are very restrictive and the retreat rules are dangerous.

Thanks!
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Hermann.

Couple more:

1. If an enemy is attacking me and say they make a successful roll, and I flip one of my units to SPENT, and say I still have 2 other fresh units, can I opt to retreat anyway?

2. Scorched Earth Event, Eastern Allies, I believe says the Russians can retreat without flipping a marker to Spent, just wanted to make sure I got that right.

3. And, you can't just attack Neutral countries? The TE can't attack Bulgaria until the event is pulled, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My pleasure!

1) No voluntary retreats are allowed (but see Scorched Earth).

2) Yes, the Russians can retreat all units instead of flipping a unit to Spent with the Scorched Earth event. Giving ground to save casualties.

3) No attacking neutral countries. Bulgaria can't be attacked until it enters the game.

Herm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
My pleasure!

1) No voluntary retreats are allowed (but see Scorched Earth).

2) Yes, the Russians can retreat all units instead of flipping a unit to Spent with the Scorched Earth event. Giving ground to save casualties.

3) No attacking neutral countries. Bulgaria can't be attacked until it enters the game.

Herm

No voluntary retreats, that's interesting. Must be because this game is on such a grand strategic level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As a playtester I never wanted to voluntarily retreat anyway. The Western Front just doesn't lend itself to such tactics and the Eastern front wideness out once the Central Powers start advancing. This results in a lowering of the Russian defender's density per area.

Also, this is World War I attritional warfare, so the longer you defend the more likely you are to exhaust your opponent's entire force. That is, in combat each attacking army is always exhausted, while each defender's army is exhausted only if he loses. Therefore, the longer you as the defender can make the battle last the more supplies the attacker consumes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herm,

I do not disagree with your answer to #2 (Why else invade Gallipoli). I just cannot find it in the rules. Where is it? I see the WAllies can transfer PP by sea, but I cannot find the procedure anywhere.

Thanks!
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
Transferring PP by sea would be the same as refitting by sea (under the general concept of Supply).

Section 6.2.2.2 Sea Supply - Some tasks require tracing a path through sea areas or a combination of both sea and land areas (e.g. Great Britain and USA refitting, 8.3.2). Sea Supply may be traced through the Black Sea (and through Romania, Ukraine, and Kiev) only if both Gallipoli and Anatolia are friendly controlled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.