Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! I find myself in Austin for business at least once a year and that time is coming up again. I'm hoping to find some fun gaming while I'm there next week. I've got Wonko's scheduled for Wednesday night, but I've found two different meetups on Tuesday night. One is at Tribe's and I THINK it may be the group that used to meet at Rockin Tomato. The other is up at Conan's Pizza. Other than geography, is there anything else that distinguishes the two groups so that I can sort out which to go to? The one at Conan's SEEMS to focus on one scheduled game, but then other comments lead me to believe that there's spillover into other games. Any guidance would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Monnat Jr
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
See you at Wonko's! Here's our thread if you wish to suggest something.

Austin, TX: Wonko's Wednesday 7 PM (Running Thread)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Grabert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Central Texas' biggest board game convention! www.boardgamebash.com
badge
Board Game Bash; Austin, TX; Aug 12/14, 2016; www.boardgamebash.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Michael. I organize the Meetup over at Tribe Comics, and you are correct that we're the group that used to meet at Rockin' Tomato. We do all open gaming with no signups prior, though if there's a particular game you want to play, you can suggest it on the Meetup, or just bring it, and you're likely to find other players. We get a pretty good crowd each week, so there's no shortage of gamers.

Any chance you'll be in town the weekend of August 12-14? If so, Board Game Bash is that weekend, and it's nothing but board games. So if you will be here, or you can extend your trip for a few days, I think you'll enjoy yourself.

Feel free to GM me if you have any questions about either event!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't imagine you'll be here into the weekend, but in case you are, it's Austin War of the Ring Day 8: The Darkening of Valinor Aug 12 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but as soon as my stuff is done at noon on Friday, I am making a beeline for home again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you checked out the Emerald Tavern board game cafe? Although small it is really friendly and has pretty decent food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went there once before and met up with a few people I had planned to meet there. It was fine, but since then I've heard that ownership has changed and they were charging meetups table fees. I don't have a big sample size, but it didn't SEEM like a good place to just walk-in and hope to get in on a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nerdstock on Parmer and McNeil has opened now. It's worth checking out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I tried Tribe and Wonkos. My experiences were LIGHTYEARS better than previous gaming experiences in Austin. I'd recommend either of these game meetups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Monnat Jr
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
FWIW, I tried Tribe and Wonkos. My experiences were LIGHTYEARS better than previous gaming experiences in Austin. I'd recommend either of these game meetups.

That's excellent news, I'm glad you enjoyed it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.