Subject: Purchase in North America? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
Hi all - any idea where to purchase the latest version (NOT the Grandpa Beck's version) in North America?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim "Dad vs Daughter" Bresnan
United States
Decatur
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to know as well as this would fit in good with International #PlayLikeAPirateDay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
I've sent an email to the publisher. I'll report back if/when I hear something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
Response from the publisher:

thank you for your interest in "Skull King". Schmidt Spiele is the licensee of "Skull King" in Europe.
In North-America the game is distributed by the inventors of the game:

Grandpa Beck's Games
http://www.grandpabecksgames.com/#!products-skull-king/c56v

Therefore our version is not available in the USA and Canada. I am very sorry that I cannot help you otherwise.

Best Regards
Matthias

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for getting the info Rob. Looks like if we want this particular version, we'll need to order from overseas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
Brezman wrote:
Thanks for getting the info Rob. Looks like if we want this particular version, we'll need to order from overseas.

No problem at all. I may just pay the $ to import [sigh]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me know where you end up getting it from and how much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
if we could find someone willing to ship some copies from Europe, it's possible it would be cheaper to have them shipped in to a single location in the states and re-distributed from there... could look into it if there's interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the versions different besides name?

Edit: Apparently much different. Most believe the Abacus Spiele version is more robust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William (Andy) Anderson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered from Callisto in the UK on ebay. Bought two copies for a total of $34.52 and they arrived in Las Vegas in 10 days in perfect condition. You save a bit on shipping if you buy multiple copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Pereira
Australia
flag msg tools
Spielguy wrote:
Are the versions different besides name?

Edit: Apparently much different. Most believe the Abacus Spiele version is more robust.

The versions are in fact different. The Grandpa Beck's version doesn't contain the Mermaid cards. I think they're important in the gameplay to make it a better experience. There is nothing wrong with them not being there, but it's the inferior version. The card art on the Schmidt Spiele version is also a lot cooler.

As a note, I purchased this last month from a Yellow Submarine store while in Shinjuku, Tokyo for Y1500.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Breese
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also available on Amazon.de or Amazon.fr for around $8 (game) + $14 (shipping). Buying multiple copies saves on shipping per copy. 2 copies comes out to about $31, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.