Subject: Complexity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Paul
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I'm very interested in this game, also if this is not my style of game but it looks very brilliant.

From the videos I saw I don't understand if this is low-medium or medium to high game.
For the people who played it: is it more <3 or lower in this bgg weight scale?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mistake89 wrote:
Hi all,
I'm very interested in this game, also if this is not my style of game but it looks very brilliant.

From the videos I saw I don't understand if this is low-medium or medium to high game.
For the people who played it: is it more <3 or lower in this bgg weight scale?

Thank you

Hi! I'm one of the designers, so take this with an ounce of bias.

The game's core actions are dead simple. Move, Recruit, Build. Super simple. Drawing cards, also dead simple.

Scoring can sometimes take a second, b/c it has to be activated with a card, which doesn't happen often, and the person who initiates gets a bonus. But, you basically count crystals. Not too bad.

The Battle system is also pretty simple. It has a lot of choices, but the individual objectives are straightforward and the tactics are straightforward. Add a guy, move some guys, that sort of thing.

The complexity comes from the Skills and Structures. They can be used in a lot of ways, some of them have tokens, they are all different, and some don't have an obvious use initially.

We tried really hard to make the game have a relatively simple core, so that you spend time learning to play the different factions, not just struggling through the game. Plus, this is why we have you only play with one Skill the first time -- less complexity.

I hope this helps, and I'm happy to answer follow ups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
If it helps, ALL of the reviews I've seen have said that the game is very easy to pick up due to how smooth and tight the gameplay is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Paul
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grant, this is very good. As german gamer I really like games where there aren't ton of rules and exceptions, but with easy rules you have a lot of replayability and depth. A lot of interesting decisiones has to be taken...
That's what I search for in a good game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.