Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » General

Subject: Organizing Haunt Fixes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Cas
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
So as many posts have shown and everyone knows the Haunts in this game can be very unbalanced depending on a number of factors. If someone (cough cough me) were to try and organize a guide to common issues and then common fixes what would be the easiest way to get input?

As a fairly new member of BGG should I post such a request in the general forum here or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no way to fix the haunts. There is just to many random things that can happen. In some games the haunt will start after finding 1-3 omens, and in other games 10-12 omens will have to be found. That alone will mean the sometimes some items, rooms, or events will be in the game (or not be in the game), that will either make it easier for the heroes or the traitor.

Live with it and take each game as an experience.

It's not a game that was ever designed to be fair, strategic or tactical, but rather just a fun experience.

The haunts don't need fixes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:

It's not a game that was ever designed to be fair, strategic or tactical, but rather just a fun experience.

The haunts don't need fixes.

This. The game does not have balance issues. It is not a competitive game. It is an interactive story game. Don't believe me? Then why did they use good story tellers to make the expansion instead of game designers? Because the game is about the story telling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.