Popular Tags: [View All]
g colhoun
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dear All,

I wondered if anyone could clarify this contract. Specifically what is a forbidden space? And indeed, can I just place the tile on fog if I wish?

TIA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any space on the board with a special illustration, that is not a "meadow", "fog", or "petrified forest (looks like fog with trees in)" is a forbidden space.

You can only place meadow tiles from your player board onto "fog" (1 action) or a "petrified forest" (2 actions) spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g colhoun
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for this: I had wondered if ruins were forbidden, and thus available to the adventurers. This clarifies it perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
Any space on the board with a special illustration, that is not a "meadow", "fog", or "petrified forest (looks like fog with trees in)" is a forbidden space.

You can only place meadow tiles from your player board onto "fog" (1 action) or a "petrified forest" (2 actions) spaces.

The spaces where you may build, the "ruins" are also NOT forbidden spaces. Forbidden spaces are the dark, purpleish spaces where "monsters" live, with the dark borders. Thus, adventurers cannot cover ruins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g colhoun
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for this. All is clear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
genoan wrote:

I don't think it's clear because the two people tha responded seem to imply different things...

James says that using the power of the Adventurers contract you can place a meadow tile over a forbidden space that would be ruins or places with monsters covering them...

Harv seems to say exactly the opposite, that you can't use the Adventurers power to place in those spaces...

Maybe I understood Harv wrong but I agree with James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the purple spaces; this is described clearly in the rule book. You cannot use it to place on ruins or any other space that isn't purple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
genoan wrote:

I don't think it's clear because the two people tha responded seem to imply different things...

James says that using the power of the Adventurers contract you can place a meadow tile over a forbidden space that would be ruins or places with monsters covering them...

Harv seems to say exactly the opposite, that you can't use the Adventurers power to place in those spaces...

Maybe I understood Harv wrong but I agree with James

No I just forgot Ruins, you can't cover Ruins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.