Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Reprint of the first edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, I found out today about MoM 2nd edition but would rather own the 1st edition. I much prefer a human overlord. I noticed that on the FF website they still have a section for the 1st edition. Does this mean they will keep printing the 1st edition ? I can't seem to find any news on this.

Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cal64 wrote:
Hi guys, I found out today about MoM 2nd edition but would rather own the 1st edition. I much prefer a human overlord. I noticed that on the FF website they still have a section for the 1st edition. Does this mean they will keep printing the 1st edition ? I can't seem to find any news on this.

Thanks guys

I can't say for sure except to say that FFG stopped supporting the 1st edition quite some time ago. Everything went out of print over a year ago now I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a real shame. The prices are sky high for most expansions at the moment. Guess I will just have to keep a look out for a good deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is you are out of luck. I can't imagine they from a business perspective would support a brand new edition and the older out of stock one. Keep an eye out for people selling there old ones and hope they don't know it's compatible. Best of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On this official page

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

1st edition and both expansions are still listed as "awaiting reprint". I would not rule it out completely yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
On this official page

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

1st edition and both expansions are still listed as "awaiting reprint". I would not rule it out completely yet.

Check the dates. Forbidden Alchemy has been there since April 2015. The others since last September and December 2015. That's just something to consider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
Oh nonono, I need the Forbidden Alchemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yea, I wonder if we can get a reprint of the first edition too
I missed the Call of the Wild expansion thinking this is one IP they won't be reworking on
They kinda could since this is a different game from the 2nd edition no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think FFG has ever reprinted an old version after a 2nd edition was announced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonMeister wrote:
I don't think FFG has ever reprinted an old version after a 2nd edition was announced.

Didn't they continue with Arkham Horror after Eldritch Horror came out? at least for a while? I know Eldritch is not "officially" a 2nd edition... but... you know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
VonMeister wrote:

Didn't they continue with Arkham Horror after Eldritch Horror came out? at least for a while? I know Eldritch is not "officially" a 2nd edition... but... you know...

Two entirely different games. Definitely not a second edition despite that EH replaced AH for many people. They actually still print AH and its expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
Anduin wrote:
VonMeister wrote:

Two entirely different games. Definitely not a second edition despite that EH replaced AH for many people. They actually still print AH and its expansions.

uhm... from what I have seen and read... Mansions of Madness 2nd edition: totally different game from MoM 1st.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
thebaker1983 wrote:
Anduin wrote:
VonMeister wrote:

uhm... from what I have seen and read... Mansions of Madness 2nd edition: totally different game from MoM 1st.

No more different than Descent 2 is from Descent 1. The point is if Eldritch Horror had been named Arkham Horror 2nd Edition then Arkham Horror 1st Edition wouldn't be supported anymore. But EH and AH are marketed as different games and while EH may have initially stolen some of the AH fans each have their own loyal fan base now. If FFG wanted to keep printing MoM1 they wouldn't have called this one MoM2 because doing so would fracture the fan base and be unnecessarily confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, I just got confirmation that they will no longer reprint MoM 1st edition

Quote:

Jul 26, 04:30 CST

Message from:
Kenneth

Department:
General

Are you still reprinting the expansions for Mansions of Madness 1st edition. Now that that the second edition has been announced?

Kalar Komarec (Asmodee North America)

Aug 16, 15:35 CST

Kenneth,

Sorry about the delay in getting ahold of you - our Customer Service team was away at GenCon.

We currently have no plans at this time to reprint old 1st products at this. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, we also appreciate your understanding and support. As always, please contact us directly if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a painted first edition that I'm willing to trade/shop around.

PM me if anyone is interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.