Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks awesome... But why is it constantly on clearance?

My son loves Arcadia Quest, and this struck his fancy too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The game is quite old
2. It's Distributor in US has been changed recently
3. New edition 2.0 with very similar rules, but fully new krosmaters will be released soon
4. It's collectible game, so they have to publish new krosmasters often and therefore base game itself is not for profit, but for selling your the whole game

P.S. I personally have 100+ different krosmasters and looking forward to 4th season
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Get it for cheap then.
It's a good game, regardless of how many Krosmaster figures you get. However, you do want to supplement the base game with a few. I'd say a good number is around 20 for a good amount of variety and replayability.

You don't have to be suckered in by the collectibility. It's a good game despite that fact, and works well even if you disregard the collectible aspect.

My suggestion is to pick it up and a few extra figures. For a 2 player fight game, your kids going to love it. Plus, you don't have to paint anything and it looks fantastic when set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget to watch respective cartoons - great for additional background and you will love some krosmasters even more (there are 2 seasons, plus separate serie and few ova).

Your son and you will love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only in hobby boardgaming is 2012 "quite old" Though, honestly, it's been over a year with very little released, so some of the initial fanbase may be moving on...Hopefully the slew of new product slated to be released over the next 6 months will breathe a little life back into the game, because it's a great system and well worth the current clearance prices!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got it in a math trade, so time to check it out!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thrasymachus wrote:
Only in hobby boardgaming is 2012 "quite old" Though, honestly, it's been over a year with very little released, so some of the initial fanbase may be moving on...Hopefully the slew of new product slated to be released over the next 6 months will breathe a little life back into the game, because it's a great system and well worth the current clearance prices!

There's enough out there now to purchase as much as you want on clearance and have a ton of game in front of you with loads of options.
And if when CMON Kickstarts a new version, I would bet money that there will be a conversion kit for owners of the original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm home!
badge
The thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
mbmbmbmbmb
VonMeister wrote:
thrasymachus wrote:

There's enough out there now to purchase as much as you want on clearance and have a ton of game in front of you with loads of options.
And if when CMON Kickstarts a new version, I would bet money that there will be a conversion kit for owners of the original.

They're actually not Kickstarting a new version. (I know, CMON not doing a Kickstarter... Crazy, right?) The base set for Krosmaster 2.0 was on sale at GenCon and should be at retail soon. It's got a few rules tweaks, but it's 100% playable with the old figures, and I'm guessing that even if you went ahead and got new figures (whenever they come out) without buying the 2.0 base set, you'd be fine as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barille
msg tools
For a competitive collectable game there were serious balance issues with characters, lost a lot of players from the season 3 blind box bs, and totally screwed up the quest expansion, people waited over 2 years for that while paying almost double. It is a good game, like final fantasy tactics the board game, which would be sweet to see. Just not good enough to get most people to pay MSRP when there is so much stuff that you dont really need. I do not think it caught on in the states as well. It is a game that does not favor the build your own tournament team cause you see very little variation, when playing online it was almost always a variation of team x or team y. Got boring really fast that way. I play draft rules at my house for making teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.