Mysterium» Forums » Variants

Subject: Alternative endgame? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim H
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi,

we've played a couple of games with 4-7 players now. In general, everyone likes it, but the endgame is not really well received...
I've seen the discussions about the clairvoyance tokens, but they are not really the problem. For us it's more: it's a coop game throughout, we love discussing possible options. But as soon as everyone collected their set of murder/place/weapon, it suddenly completely loses its cooperative attitude, now everyone has to think on their own.
Is anyone playing a differnt endgame? Something more coop? We're desperately looking for some nice house rules here...

Cheers,
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can just decide together. It'll be easier and people might get drowned out (same as in any other open-info co-op), but otherwise it works perfectly well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could choose to simply let people chat through the ending, flip one clue for the one-card people, chat, let them make their vote (still in secret) and continue on to the second clue, etc.

I would encourage you to try to keep the voting secret.

None of this :
"I'm going to vote for..."
*meaningful look around the table*

It's fun to explore the possibilities with people but it would lose the fun if you have someone quarterbacking everyone's votes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.