Subject: Oakguard overpowered ranged attack? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmb
Am I missing something stupidly simple? blush or is it really legal to do a ranged attack with 3 oakguards, thus rolling NINE dice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Well each one would attack separately, so three, three, three. with the defender rolling after each one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ahh. That last bit clears it up somewhat, but that is still a lot of dice

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Bergmark
msg tools
Though the dice only have two sides with ranged attack, while three sides with melee attack. So with one dice you only have 30% chance to hit opposed to 50% chance with a melee attack. So for me they feel underpowered, even with three dices, but thats my luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmb
Right but the rat ground troops (cant remember their name) only have 1 archery each, making it a total of 3 possible dice vs. the mouse's 9.

But thanks for pointing that out, i can definetely see that there is somewhat more balance here than I initially thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K AM
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

The Oakguard were play-tested extensively, and a Range attack of 3 is powerful, but they also have their weakness as well.

Various units have various strengths and weaknesses, which of course vary with tactics players choose as well.

Enjoy!
KAM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Liu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the Oakguard. If you're lucky with them, you can totally decimate an enemy nest in a matter of moments... but they are totally a glass cannon, so watch out. The rats will come for you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amber Harbin
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I agree; they can be powerful but heir defense is terrible! Keep a distance is my Oakguard motto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Maria Gervasio
Italy
Molfetta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wait...In another thread in this forum soneone said oakguard use 3 dice only when they are in group (1 each),if you use an oakguard alone It Will use only 1 dice...Which is the correct rule? The Number On the card is referred to One unit or to the group?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K AM
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

When the Oakguard are being activated (not during the mission phase) the unit allows you to activate as many as 3 individual figures. Each of those figures has a 3 Dice range attack. So, the value on the card is for each figure.

However, the confusion might be from how you deal with group attacks (often during the mission phase--specifically the Patrol Mission). In that case, you're counting the number of figures that have a range attack value and making one attack roll for the group. So, if you have 3 small figures on a patrol with a range attack (of any value 1 or higher), they each add one die to the attack.

KAM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.