Popular Tags: [View All]
David Taylor
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased a copy of Via Nebula, bring it home to get it ready to play. I have no problem with the wooden pieces, but the cardboard punch sheets have problems. There are several tiles that were not cut all the way through and even with gentle persuasion to get them out, there is tearing along the edges. Fortunately all of the hex tiles are the same with just green on both sides, but some issues can rise from the circular tiles. Also the slot for the cards is not that deep either. I guess I was expecting more from Asmodee in terms of high production quality. I am hoping the game play is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.

I had 15 tiles that I had to get replaced. Several tiles hadn't been cut at all on multiple sides, so they ended up with massive tears on them.

But hey, mistakes happen, and Asmodee was quick to replace them at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
No problems with my copy at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey Le fevre
Belgium
flag msg tools
Also no problems with mine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey-Jones
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had issues on the punching of the tiles however being very careful there were only a few little rips, nothing that I would seek replacement for or that spoils the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
My tiles were all fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
fretnut71 wrote:
I just purchased a copy of Via Nebula, bring it home to get it ready to play. I have no problem with the wooden pieces, but the cardboard punch sheets have problems. There are several tiles that were not cut all the way through and even with gentle persuasion to get them out, there is tearing along the edges. Fortunately all of the hex tiles are the same with just green on both sides, but some issues can rise from the circular tiles. Also the slot for the cards is not that deep either. I guess I was expecting more from Asmodee in terms of high production quality. I am hoping the game play is good.

Sounds about right. Seems like phase 2 of Asmodees plan after buying up all the good pubs is to skimp on components and jack up prices. I was very disappointed after anxiously awaiting the Ra reprint to see an edition with lower quality components selling for souble the original price. Aside from these scattered tile issues I am curious about whether this game has 60 dollars worth of components comoared to say Agricola, or if its more like a 30 dollar game that they are selling for 60 like Ra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
beef
badge
sack
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who didn't realise, there is actually a direction you should punch tiles / chits to minimise tearing on the actual piece.

For the most part, when you are removing a tile / chit from a board, push through from the cut side to the flat side. Any tears will remain on the sprue.

In the rare case where you are punching out an internal section of a tile or chit, go the other direction. Punch from the flat side through to the cut side. Any tears will go through onto the internal piece you're discarding.

It doesn't always work, if the cut didn't make it through to the other side at all you'll get big tearing and it might go onto neighbouring tiles, but if you're careful and tidy up pieces with a knife after punching then sometimes you can sometimes make these ones work too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy punched out very easily. No problems at all.

Oh, and the gameplay is great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Heath

Chicago
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same issue. I've run into this problem in the past, but this one was by far the worst I've seen. Even punching from the correct side resulted in several of my tiles having huge "hanging chads" that I needed to scissor off. Luckily only one of my Empty Meadow tiles really ripped on the tile (which I glued back), so nothing that had to be replaced, but still a little disappointing when it was $60.

Good to know Asmodee has been helpful replacing the bad ones at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.