Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I'd already posted this bon here but I'd only posted it on my solo geeklist...

This arrived yesterday and had to sit mocking me for a while before I could get to give it a try.

The game looks fantastic, the artwork is great, some of it wonderfully creepy and the cards are decent quality. The rules have a couple of typos but nothing game breaking and they are easy to follow and you can learn them in a few minutes.

You have 5 stations, each one with a stack of portal cards above them. The portals have between 1 and 3 icons which you have to match with cards from your hand to be able to close that portal.

You have a minimum hand of 3 cards and each card has 2 (well, 3 including the discard ability) main functions. The right side of the card is a "tool" type which you can play by sliding under your player card. When you have the correct combination of tools you can attempt to close a portal.

The left side of the card is split into 5 boxes corresponding to the 5 locations and each box contains an action. There are 5 actions you can perform - move to a new location, activate the special ability of a location, close a portal, retrieve a card from the discard pile or draw two cards.

The actions are in a different order on each card and you can only perform the action that corresponds to the location you are in so you need to work out what you can do with what you have against what you need to do on the locations.

It's a great puzzly game and the mechanics are tight and flow really well. The AI is good, limited to just closing portals as soon as it can, it gives a bit of tension as you must plan to close portals before it does.

The game ends when 3 stacks of portal cards have been closed, although as I only had time for a quick game, I just played until one stack had been depleted.

Really good fun and very much worth checking out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much for such a great comment!
And maybe you will be interested in getting some more news about our expansion to Multiuniversum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mb
I also bought the game and brought it to the table.

I have tested three different configurations :

4 players, 2 players and on my own (solo).

For me the best configuration is a two player game.
with 4 players I found it a little bit chaotic. In fact I was never able to do what I want on my turn, because my opponent has changed so many things that nothing was predectable, so no possibility of any strategy.

On the contrary, with two players, there is a lot of tactic and the game reveals his real potential. The end score was tight, and we enjoy our game session.

For a solo game, it s ok, not the best solo game, but I quite like it. You have to plan the next move of the IA, and empty as quick as possible a portal stack to have a chance to get what you want. It is a decent solo.

But to my mind, if you want to try this game, try this with two players or I think it will works too with three players. I am gonna try it soon.

Have fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RFTGJC wrote:
I also bought the game and brought it to the table.

I have tested three different configurations :

4 players, 2 players and on my own (solo).

For me the best configuration is a two player game.
with 4 players I found it a little bit chaotic. In fact I was never able to do what I want on my turn, because my opponent has changed so many things that nothing was predectable, so no possibility of any strategy.

On the contrary, with two players, there is a lot of tactic and the game reveals his real potential. The end score was tight, and we enjoy our game session.

For a solo game, it s ok, not the best solo game, but I quite like it. You have to plan the next move of the IA, and empty as quick as possible a portal stack to have a chance to get what you want. It is a decent solo.

But to my mind, if you want to try this game, try this with two players or I think it will works too with three players. I am gonna try it soon.

Have fun

Thanks JC for your comment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Barnard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
only had 3 runs 2 player

It plays quick, it plays smooth - all close games

2 players is a great set up as you have more 'reward' from trying to mess with stacks

3 -4 player games I suspect that the loss of an action will rarely be worth it unless you're benefiting

But it's 100% joined the 2 player '1 hour ish' filler throw down rotation with gutso.

Quick to learn not too deep or shallow - a great little game sums it up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.