$20.00
$60.00
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Not sure if it means anything or not, but sometimes I like to throw fresh meat to the wolves and watch as they rip each other apart for dinner.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/26/media/democratic-convention-...

My biggest takeaway from this article is that both conventions averaged about 1 in 10 Americans watching. That may be good TV, but doesn't say much about an informed citizenry participating in governance. On the other hand, I personally skipped the DNC last night because ESPN was re-running the OU-Tennessee game from last season.

Didn't watch a minute of the RNC btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Not sure if it means anything or not, but sometimes I like to throw fresh meat to the wolves and watch as they rip each other apart for dinner.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/26/media/democratic-convention-...

My biggest takeaway from this article is that both conventions averaged about 1 in 10 Americans watching. That may be good TV, but doesn't say much about an informed citizenry participating in governance. On the other hand, I personally skipped the DNC last night because ESPN was re-running the OU-Tennessee game from last season.

Didn't watch a minute of the RNC btw.

That actually surprises me. I thought DNC viewership would be low. I know plenty of people on both sides of the aisle (and some who don't vote) who watched the RNC for the spectacle of it, waiting for explosions and reality TV. Most of those same people aren't really tuning in to the DNC, because politics is boring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
Not sure if it means anything or not, . . .

Probably means that Republicans had better things to do than watch an awards show.

I watched because I was curious what Bernie could possibly say after the proof that he was colluded against was leaked the day before. Turns out he's a sellout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
“The saddest day of your life isn't when you decide to sell out. The saddest day of your life is when you decide to sell out and nobody wants to buy.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Perhaps an urban myth. I don't care, but my life experience tells me there is probably something to it.

Television viewership is higher at the end of the month. Supposedly has something to do with paydays, social security checks, and such arriving at the beginning of the month. By the end of the month people are broke and passing time by watching TV instead of at the movies.

You will note that big blockbuster movies tend to get release near the beginning of the month because people have disposable income at that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.