Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any mechanism in the game that this affects other than the Union event Volley Fire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Story
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it is the only one that was contemplated for it to affect, but I believe it can affect Bayonet Combat as worded in the rules. See cases 11.1 and 13.0. When calculating the final value sum for the Bayonet Combat you subtract one for each Union Position with a SV of at least one that is adjacent to the target position. But case 11.1 modifies the SV of a space based on how many unrevealed Fire! chits are in the space. So if the unrevealed Fire! chits in the adjacent space are equal to or greater than the chit SV then I don't believe that adjustment applies to the Bayonet Combat in the adjacent union position. In effect, the Union would lose support from the adjacent space because of the heavy rebel fire. I can't think of any other mechanisms it would affect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.