Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Coylton
Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

With the unfortunate fall in the value of the £, it has become quite expensive to pledge for some US based Kickstarters, so I thought I would try and save us some money by setting up a UK Group Buy for the Crime Wave extension to Hostage Negotiator, and in particular, the Veteran level pledge, which is everything not already released...

So, now the maths...

A single Veteran level pledge will cost $50 + $15 ($65), which, with the reduced exchange rate, works out at £50...A bit pricey!

However, after having chatted with Angelo (the game designer) he has offered me 12 copies of the Veteran level pledge, for $40 per copy, plus $35 shipping, making $515 or $43 per copy (£33)...quite a significant saving over the $65 single copy...

On top of this, there will obviously be the onward UK shipping, which I am estimating at about £4-£5 per copy, so all in all, it will work out at between £37-£38 per copy, fully delivered to your door...

The game is fully EU friendly, so there won't be any import fees or duty, and so this is probably the best (cheapest) way to get a copy...so long as the £/$ rate remains so low...

My intention will be to pledge for the 12 copies, and pay that once the KS finishes, and then (assuming we get 12 backers) invoice each of you for the $43 (£33), by PayPal Gift or BT, but not charge the UK shipping element until the games actually arrive early next year...

As it stands, this level of discount really only works with 12 backers, so I will need to limit it to 12, unfortunately...any more, and the shipping cost increases, and any less and the unit price increases...So, hopefully we will get the 12 we need to make this work.

If anyone has any questions, then please feel free to contact me...I am more than happy to discuss any aspect of this...

So, I will start the ball rolling by putting the first 2 names in the Group Buy list...

Crime Wave UK Group Buy backers:

1. KevinM2
2. Lffvet
3. manserfamily
4. JoffW
5. ian_07720169619
6. slickerdrips
7. Rindel
8. askgar
9. kenzie316
10. shadowruin
11. tasmanuk
12. jesberpen
13. TracyB
14. dcsarge
15. Gribbon
16. paulyjones25
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: UK Group Buy (for the Veteran level pledge)
Hi Kevin - I'm in for this if possible please? I will switch my pledge down to the £1 to follow campaign and happy to get involved with you and 11 others.

Awesome and thanks for setting this up. Can't wait for the next set of adventures. And of course, bling-related packaging, box malarkey and now, it seems, dividers hopefully. Boom.

Cheers fella.

Steve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
1. KevinM2
2. Lffvet
3. manserfamily
4. JoffW

Edit: If you need a hand with anything Kevin, don't hesitate to let me know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Coylton
Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, welcome aboard Steve

Thanks,
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin, if I can add to that the meeples for the first wave and the second pack of negotiators I'm definitely in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Coylton
Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jesberpen wrote:
Hi Kevin, if I can add to that the meeples for the first wave and the second pack of negotiators I'm definitely in

Hi Jesus,

I am not sure anything else can be added to this particular setup...the shipping costs are tight as they are, and anything else added will probably increase the shipping costs...so unfortunately, as of right now, I am going to keep this Group Buy purely for Veteran level pledges only...

Sorry

Cheers,
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Davies
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
Y Ddraig Goch Ddyry Gychwyn.
badge
The Secret One has begun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in. I was backing the project anyway but the price was too high for me really. I really need the bigger box for my sleeved cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Coylton
Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ian_07720169619 wrote:
Count me in. I was backing the project anyway but the price was too high for me really. I really need the bigger box for my sleeved cards.

Good to have you on board Ian thumbsup

Cheers,
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Heath
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Ouch, watch where you're pointing that thing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin, Count me in! So glad there's a group buy, thanks for this! Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Coylton
Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slickerdrips wrote:
Hi Kevin, Count me in! So glad there's a group buy, thanks for this! Tom

You're welcome Tom, and thanks for joining thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinM2 wrote:
jesberpen wrote:

Hi Jesus,

I am not sure anything else can be added to this particular setup...the shipping costs are tight as they are, and anything else added will probably increase the shipping costs...so unfortunately, as of right now, I am going to keep this Group Buy purely for Veteran level pledges only...

Sorry

Cheers,
Kevin

Ok, thanks Kevin, I'll wait a bit for now. If you can manage to add those a bit further let me know.
Jesus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin please can you add me to the group buy if there is space left thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bradford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to be added to the group as well, £50 was a bit of a stretch but this price I think I can justify :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Gamer and designer www.horizongraphics.co.uk
badge
Gamer and designer www.horizongraphics.co.uk
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish there was more of this group buys in the UK, great idea. I would love to join in the buy but I am backing the $90 as I have no other HS content so I am going for the full backing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
One more for the list - was in on the first one in a group pledge and trhis one seem to be an awesome update on it..!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could I be added please.

As for others, the original price was a bit too high but this outcome is great. With the shipping costs being high, will the stretch goals be included if they are achieved as that will add to the weight.

Also does anyone know how to get a copy of the original Negotiator Cards? Can they be purchased at retail anywhere?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Coylton
Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andrew,

Yes, the shipping cost will include any stretch goals that are achieved...

I would imagine the pricing model allows for the extra weight of stretch goals by the fact that in order to achieve those stretch goals, the total pledge amount has to increase, thus giving the project more cash to play with...

I've added you to the group buy, in slot 11...Welcome aboard thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin.

I've just noticed on the KS page that you can add the Negotiator Packs to the Veteran level pledge. $10 for both. Is that something you think you would be able to do as part of the group buy for those of us who need them?
I know they are not needed for the game but the completionist in me wants them

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Coylton
Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andrew,

At the moment, I cannot guarantee that I can add the Negotiator packs without it affecting the shipping cost, as the quote I had was simp,y for 12 Veteran pledges...

If you are happy to keep your slot in the group buy, I will ask the question, and see if it's possible to add the Negotiator packs (for an extra $10) without affecting the shipping cost...

I'll let you know once I hear back...

Cheers,
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin. Want to keep my space in the group buy. The negotiator cards aren't that important if they can't be added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Coylton
Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tasmanuk wrote:
Thanks Kevin. Want to keep my space in the group buy. The negotiator cards aren't that important if they can't be added.

Fingers crossed

I'm hopeful, but I'll let you know, probably tomorrow sometime.

Cheers,
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinM2 wrote:
tasmanuk wrote:

Fingers crossed

I'm hopeful, but I'll let you know, probably tomorrow sometime.

Cheers,
Kevin

Kevin, in that case, can you add me to the 12th spot as provisional too? thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Coylton
Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jesberpen wrote:

Sure thing Jesus...The thing that was concerning me with your request was the Meeples that you wanted...I couldn't see them or see any way to add them...

If you are happy with the chance of just the added Negotiator pack(s), then that should be OK (I just need confirmation)...but I couldn't see any mention of the Meeples...

I'll add you as the 12th spot, and we can see what reply I get about the Negotiator packs...

Cheers,
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinM2 wrote:
jesberpen wrote:

Sure thing Jesus...The thing that was concerning me with your request was the Meeples that you wanted...I couldn't see them or see any way to add them...

If you are happy with the chance of just the added Negotiator pack(s), then that should be OK (I just need confirmation)...but I couldn't see any mention of the Meeples...

I'll add you as the 12th spot, and we can see what reply I get about the Negotiator packs...

Cheers,
Kevin

Perfect, thanks Kevin. In the last update I think A.J. added a note saying that for 15$ we could add the meeples if we wanted. Anyway, if is not possible probably I'll just pass on those

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Coylton
Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jesberpen wrote:

Perfect, thanks Kevin. In the last update I think A.J. added a note saying that for 15$ we could add the meeples if we wanted. Anyway, if is not possible probably I'll just pass on those

Ah, I hadn't seen that note about the Meeples...let me look into it for you, and see what can be done...

Cheers,
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.