$30.00
Thomas K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's not obvious with these threads, spoilers!

We got to the end, and got a respectable score of -20. We knew the two guys who did the theft, and knew the paintings were a forgery from the French or Belgian contingent. But Sherlock made an erroneous leap of logic, gasp!

If you follow the path, you will see that Sherlock goes through details that link Norris and Cole together as thieves, and then deduces that the name of the forger was... hmm... Donet. I think he got this from a Ouija board, since at no point in Sherlock's journey did he see the name 'Donet' laugh

We decided he was meant to visit the library, as this both reveals the lack of info about the artist, and the fact that Donet was the first discoverer. So we houseruled that Sherlock went there, and awarded ourselves an extra 5 points.

-15, great success laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's true. Seems like houseruling the solution of this case is necessary.
We also found Holmes' solution a little bit strange.
But, we'll stick to our glorious 45 because:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Actually, there was no need for Holmes to go to Cole's house (11SE). After the Warehouse (38SE), he knew the name of the thief. Then, from the invaluable Newspapers (never solve a case without using the newspapers) he could find out that Cole was a victim of fire. So, he could go directly to Murray. That makes 4 clue points. With the addition of one more, possibly Dame Agnes (47NW) Holmes could learn the name and a lot of other things about Donet.
So, back to 5 clue points, I'm afraid.

Also,

Spoiler (click to reveal)
When searching for Balfe (the guard who talked with us) in the London Directory, there wasn't any! Also, we couldn't find any Cofman!
I understand that this is a possibility even in real life, but it is still strange, because this is the only case that we found people missing from the Directory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
We have just done this case, and so I didn't read this thread until now. We were quite disappointed about the incorrect information. We went to a bar and found it was someone's home, we read every last piece of information on Cofman, and there was absolutely no clue of his part in the incident. This was probably the most disappointing case of the lot! (We actually enjoyed case three).

Looking forward to starting West End mysteries, and hope they are better checked over!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.