Hide
23 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » News

Subject: The Madness Returns - second preview up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Here the news
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So insanity can "alter your win conditions", does this mean that one of the investigators could become a hidden traitor? Wow, that will add a really awesome level to the game. Suspicion and mistrust will start to creep into the game as insanity cards start to pile up.
Man, I am so freakin' stoked for this game right now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
So insanity can "alter your win conditions", does this mean that one of the investigators could become a hidden traitor? Wow, that will add a really awesome level to the game. Suspicion and mistrust will start to creep into the game as insanity cards start to pile up.

Betrayal at House on the Hill ??? Love to see this in the game !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:

That would make it tough to solo however.

That being said, this came out of left field and I couldn't be more pumped for this! I've always wanted to play more MOM but my group (and I'm sure many others) doesn't particularly like 1 v all games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
Quote:

In 1sd Ed:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
the base game has this in one scenario. There are two downsides, in first edition balance becomes a huge issue (hopefully not as bad here), and you need at least two investigator players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card and the teaser just released is what makes me think this might be just one of the possible results during a regular game. Will be interesting to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:

That would make it tough to solo however.

They could (I imagine) easily just alter or remove that insanity effect if you've told the app you're playing solo. Either that or require the solo player to play 2 investigators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
So insanity can "alter your win conditions", does this mean that one of the investigators could become a hidden traitor?

Most cards will probably work like mania cards from Call of the Wild. For example
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Pyromaniac: You can't win unless a room is on fire.
I suppose that one Insanity card could be a "betrayer" card although I doubt it. When an investigator gains it in a solo game, then he'll most probably will have an easy win, but hey - it sure is a thematic win with a taste of defeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that a star spawn of Cthulhu? neat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest teaser has really got me fired up. I'm liking this app more and more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Available in just over a week! Talk about being kept under wraps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance House
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Damn how heavy is this thing?!? Coolstuff want $84USD in shipping to send it to New Zealand. O_o

I'm hoping that they don't know how heavy it is so they have calculated some crazy price hoping people will pay it and that the shipping price will be more reasonable once its actually available next week. As hyped as I am $160+ USD for 1 boardgame is a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
Larnz wrote:
Damn how heavy is this thing?!? Coolstuff want $84USD in shipping to send it to New Zealand. O_o

I'm hoping that they don't know how heavy it is so they have calculated some crazy price hoping people will pay it and that the shipping price will be more reasonable once its actually available next week. As hyped as I am $160+ USD for 1 boardgame is a lot.

Try Miniature Market. Their shipping to NZ is $40.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Larnz wrote:

For FFG games I usually buy from Book Depository. Last big game purchase was Forbidden Stars for about $105 AUD delivered. Would imagine this would cost around the same. That's if Asmodee haven't got their claws into them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benzy311 wrote:
Larnz wrote:

For FFG games I usually buy from Book Depository. Last big game purchase was Forbidden Stars for about $105 AUD delivered. Would imagine this would cost around the same. That's if Asmodee haven't got their claws into them.

I don't think you'll have much luck on Book Depository these days. They stopped stocking most FFG stuff there late last year sadly. They had been my go to for FFG stuff for some years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Dion wrote:
Benzy311 wrote:
Larnz wrote:

I don't think you'll have much luck on Book Depository these days. They stopped stocking most FFG stuff there late last year sadly. They had been my go to for FFG stuff for some years.

Book Dep stopped selling new FFG games / expansions in the moment they stopped using standard ISBN codes. Now they are using a different bar code system, and Book Dep can't read those, so, I don't see MoM 2nd coming on Book Dep either

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
jvdv wrote:

I'm happy to read that they're keeping the puzzles, it was another fun and unique aspect of the game. It's not clear from this preview if the puzzles are all in the app, or if there are also physical pieces for them...

I would lean towards assuming puzzles are in the app, as it allows for a great deal of flexibility without constraint of physical pieces.

Judging by the published component list, it looks like there are no physical pieces for the puzzles. That strongly suggests the app will now handle them.

Which makes sense since it means the players don't need to faf around setting the puzzle up, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised the third preview isn't up yet.

They did add a new marketing splash page, but it doesn't appear to have new information.

Humm..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
I'm surprised the third preview isn't up yet.

They did add a new marketing splash page, but it doesn't appear to have new information.

Humm..

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/28/a-haunt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stewart
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Matthews & Moorcock Magnificent Magicians of the Multiverse
mbmbmbmbmb
alexgrant wrote:
Larnz wrote:

Yes their service is excellent.....

Now Alex, you must persuade me NOT to buy this (I still haven't painted all my 1st Ed. minis & I already ordered Achtung Cthulhu Skirmish from Modiphius which is in transit with another 35 figuresblush).....

I shouldn't be here looking at this %$#$

[So Alex, have you ordered it?]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
Jherek Carnelian wrote:
alexgrant wrote:
Larnz wrote:

Yes their service is excellent.....

Now Alex, you must persuade me NOT to buy this (I still haven't painted all my 1st Ed. minis & I already ordered Achtung Cthulhu Skirmish from Modiphius which is in transit with another 35 figuresblush).....

I shouldn't be here looking at this %$#$

[So Alex, have you ordered it?]

Heh, not yet. I does look very tempting however. There is a reason why I already knew MM had $40 shipping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.