Hide
7 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Using surges to recover strain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay McDonald
msg tools
The RRG says that this can be used to a limit of 1 time per attack. But I've heard talk about using more than one surge to recover strain. How does this work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is talking that?

A hero can spend 1
to recover 1
once per attack. (If the hero has not suffered any strain, he recovers 1 damage instead.)

All abilities can be used only once per timing instance unless explicitly said otherwise.

But heroes can spend both their actions for attacks, so they can recover upto 2 strain per activation, and possibly more from other abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay McDonald
msg tools
So I take this to mean that if I have an excess of 2 surges, rolled during my attack, I can only use 1 of them to recover strain? Not both, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Each surge ability can be used only once per timing instance (per attack), just like every ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dirk69er wrote:
So I take this to mean that if I have an excess of 2 surges, rolled during my attack, I can only use 1 of them to recover strain? Not both, correct?

Yes, if it is only possible to use one, according to the rules, then you can't use both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay McDonald
msg tools
Cool. Thanks guys. I was playing it correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool Grass
msg tools
mb
You can only spend 1 surge per attack to recover strain. However, there may be other abilities which will let you recover more than one strain per attack. For example: Davith's "Elusive Agent" 1XP card says "Exhaust this card when you become hidden to recover 1 strain". So If Davith has 2 surges during attack, he can spend one surge to get hidden--> Exhaust Elusive Agent to recover 1 strain and another surge to recover strain.

Notice that Elusive Agent is Exhaust, so Davith will only be able to recover 2 strain only once during his activation by spending surges like above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.