Subject: Round Robin tournament in progress rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Fletcher
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll be running the second in an ongoing series of tournaments over on the official Fantasy Strike site. 8 rounds modified round-robin style, tournament to run August 15 - September 18 (plus playoffs afterwards for top finishers).

Go here: http://www.fantasystrike.com/forums/index.php?threads/race-2... to sign up.

Tournament is currently in progress - I'll keep running pbp tournaments on fantasystrike.com as long as there is interest, so keep watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Pavia
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Round Robin tournament Signups Open
Before I commit, just would like to know the general rules of etiquette, so I don't break any (e.g. # of turns/day, posting format, anything else I'm missing).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Fletcher
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Round Robin tournament Signups Open
You'll have 8 matches to finish in about 32 days, and on average a match that finishes takes 7 rounds, so you will need to play about 2 turns a day (which could be in separate games), or more if you plan on skipping certain days, or want to give yourself time to ponder any particularly tricky turns that come up.

There is a link in the other forum to the suggested posting format, which has been generally accepted, although some folks elaborate on it by having section headers and multiple spoiler tags. The key point that is most often neglected is accurately tracking and posting the size of your deck and discard pile, as well as how many cards are drawn pre- and post- reshuffle. Second most is forgetting to list a Tech / Add-on building, or forgetting to record damage to your Base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.