Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't know why, but after looking at the board, it's what I immediately thought of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played A Dog's Life but I think this closer to Letters from Whitechapel (and Scotland Yard before that)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Last Friday Rulebook! http://www.aresgames.eu/17090

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There seems to be a 2nd edition: A Dog's Life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
volnon wrote:
I don't know why, but after looking at the board, it's what I immediately thought of...

Hey Steve,

I'm sorry (?) to tell you that I don't see much likeness between the two boards. There's much more resemblance between Last Friday and the other games that it is compared to, I think.

But I have two questions (to anyone):

Why is it that Last Friday is "accused" so often in this forum for being "just a re-themed version of game x"?

Is there any similarity between Last Friday and A dog's life?
I ask because I like both themes A LOT and since there's a new 2nd edition of the latter coming up (see my post above), I consider buying both.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/Las-Cruces-Board-Gamers/
badge
I turned Old & Chaotic Evil Bob to Lawful Good (for a day...)
mbmbmbmbmb
I applaud you!

I laughed so hard there were tears.

It's heartening that none of the other replies know what you are spoofing with your thread here. I was a little worried that the LFW militia were going to do undeserved damage to this release. Now I'm not as concerned.

On the other hand, it's tough to make a great joke and have no one get it, so a big thumbsup to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ryuu wrote:
It's heartening that none of the other replies know what you are spoofing with your thread here.

Great news. Now I can buy both games... knowing they aren't similar at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TimTix wrote:
Ryuu wrote:
It's heartening that none of the other replies know what you are spoofing with your thread here.

Great news. Now I can buy both games... knowing they aren't similar at all.

Well, they DO both have maps so there's no reason to own them both, right? Who cares if none of the rules or gameplay are even remotely similar.

And did Last Friday credit A Dog's Life's creators in their rulebook? No, they did not! Obviously, they are heartless plagiarizers who should never be allowed to make a political speech at the GOP convention. Heaven only knows the national turmoil they might cause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ryuu wrote:
And did Last Friday credit A Dog's Life's creators in their rulebook? No, they did not! Obviously, they are heartless plagiarizers who should never be allowed to make a political speech at the GOP convention. Heaven only knows the national turmoil they might cause.

Thank God, they're Italians and will never cross that wall that your country is going to erect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TimTix wrote:

Thank God, they're Italians and will never cross that wall that your country is going to erect.

I know! They might commit random acts of creativity and start new business ventures!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.