Subject: Purely selfish... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evolution isn't over
United Kingdom
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
..but, Andrea, are you happy with the level of marketing support WoW minis is receiving?

I'd hate to see the plans for future sets pulled on the basis that 'nobody bought them' if the real reason was that 'nobody knew about them'.

Poor marketing killed a number of games I have enjoyed before they had been fully realised (Sabertooth Lord of the Rings TMG, take a bow), and I want to see all four Jastas of Jagdgeschwader 1 'airborne' on my dining room table before I die.

If there's anything players can do to help (other than buy the minis, of course), let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Actually I am quite happy of the marketing. The real problem has been a production problem. The first prototypes of miniatures were too much semplified in the color schemes, since the factory decided we could save some money if we had under surfaces of the plastic color, no colors on the wheels and so on. I got a seconmd row of prototypes, gave some more corrections and then we went into production with a far better line of models thanthe ones you can see in the very first pictures. But in the mentime the Chinese New Years Eve, that seem to be quite a long vacation, gave us some delay. Now the minis have been shipped weeks ago, and the April/May deadline is just linked to some uncertainity in the shipping (that's surface - air shipping would add too much to the final cost) and redistribution to shops times. This is why it's in terms of days (from the end of April to May), not of months.

All the distributing machine is going on and it is useless to delay it, even if pre-sales are not so good. Expecially from the point of view of publishers, who already paid for the product.

If I may say something, I am not particulary happy of the quantities ordered by some publishers. My personal opinion is that they risk less than they could, so products go out of stock pretty quickly. And this is what I expect to happen with minis. But it is just my optimistic guess, so let's see what really happens.

Happy gaming!

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.