Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Copy/paste from update:
"Hi Survivors!

From its inception, THE WALKING DEAD: NO SANCTUARY has not been just another game about killing the undead. It has always been about crafting a play experience that reflects the emotional connection we have with the characters and situations reflected on the show. We are huge believers in Adam and Brady Sadler as designers, our internal team of developers, the craftsmanship of our sculpts, The Walking Dead as a property, Kickstarter as a platform, and the game itself.

With that and taking into consideration all of the ideas and suggestions from you, the backing community, we have regrouped and are excited to offer up a significantly restructured campaign. Please bear with us as the pledge tiers and all visuals are modified in the coming hours. For now, you can find the restructured offerings below. Again, we thank you for your support, valuable suggestions, and genuine excitement for THE WALKING DEAD: NO SANCTUARY.

NEW TIER:

$75 - Base Game Tier:

8 Survivor figures (Rick, Glenn, Andrea, Daryl, Dale, Shane, Merle, T-Dog)
10 Male City Walker figures
10 Female City Walker figures NEWLY ADDED
10 Vatos Rivals figures
10 Gas Mask Walker figures NEWLY ADDED
5 “Strangers” (Helpless Civilians) figures NEWLY ADDED
10 Crawler figures (unlocked social media stretch goal)
1 Vision of Lori figure (unlocked social media stretch goal)
+ Stretch Goals
REVISED TIERS:

$125 - No Sanctuary Tier: (Earlybirds and Comic Con Earlybirds are exactly the same, include the same contents, and will ship together. Earlybirds will count towards this tier).

8 Survivor figures (Rick, Glenn, Andrea, Daryl, Dale, Shane, Merle, T-Dog)
10 Male City Walker figures
10 Female City Walker figures NEWLY ADDED
10 Vatos Rivals figures
10 Gas Mask Walker figures NEWLY ADDED
5 “Strangers” (Helpless Civilians) figures NEWLY ADDED
10 Crawler figures (unlocked social media stretch goal)
1 Vision of Lori figure (unlocked social media stretch goal)
Exclusive 5 Rival General figures NEWLY ADDED
Exclusive 1 Motorcycle Daryl figure w/ 10 exclusive Event Card & 3 Exclusive Survivor Cards NEWLY ADDED
Exclusive 1 “Ride” Scenario (featuring Motorcycle Daryl figure) NEWLY ADDED
BOTH FULL EXPANSIONS!!! NOW INCLUDED
+ Stretch Goals
“What Lies Ahead" Expansion includes 4 Survivors (Hershel, Maggie, Beth, Otis), 10 Fire Walkers, 10 Dave’s Crew (Newly added 5 additional figures)

"Killer Within" Expansion includes 4 Survivors (Michonne, Carol, Tyreese, Carl),10 Riot Gear Walkers, 10 Prisoners (Newly added 5 additional figures)

$450 - Save the Last One Tier (Retail Tier)

6 Copies of the No Sanctuary Tier (This now includes BOTH expansions, and all the exclusive content in the No Sanctuary Tier listed above)
6 Sets of Stretch Goals
6 Lori Grimes figures w/ 15-Card Deck, Tokens, and Character Sheet
Add-Ons

“What Lies Ahead” Expansion (Now with 24 minis instead of 19) - $35
“Killer Within” Expansion (Now with 24 minis instead of 19) - $35
Exclusive Lori Grimes (Mini w/ Character Sheet and 15-card deck) - $12
Stuff and Thangs Pack - $25
Iconic Civilians Pack - $15
New Add-Ons

Exclusive Motorcycle Daryl figure (3 Survivor Cards, 10 Event Cards and "Ride" Scenario Sheet) - $12
Box of Survivors for painters (8 Survivors from base game) - $16
Box of Survivors 2 for painters (8 Survivors from both expansions) - $16
"Better Angels" Scenario (w/ Walker Shane) - $20 1 Walker Shane figure 15-Card PVP Shane Deck, 15 Card PVP Rick Deck, 10 Event Cards, 1 Double-sided Map Tile"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic update - they refunded within 20 mins!

What a way to turn it around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hoisington
United States
flag msg tools
They doubled the value of the pledge!!
Nice job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolvehunde
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Meisterjäger
mbmbmbmbmb
A NEW STRETCH GOAL
At 300k Cryptozoic Entertainment will actually finish and publish the 3rd Hobbit game? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm back in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rohan G
Australia
flag msg tools
Yep, what a turn-around. I'm in too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing. I'm still flabbergasted. I really hope it pays off for CZE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Crstphr2 wrote:
Nice job.

So they were chiseling backers for half as much before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like most people are happy because it's funded again and the early birds spots are dwindling. There are still a lot of ComicCon EB's, but the original EB's are almost gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Foolish question. Can anyone pick up the comic con pledge or do you have to be going to comic con?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Callahan
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:
Foolish question. Can anyone pick up the comic con pledge or do you have to be going to comic con?

Anyone can take them. They are the exact same as the regular EB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
California
flag msg tools
So they are essentially admitting that they were fleecing backers from the outset?

I hope they learned something from this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Crstphr2 wrote:
Nice job.

Sort of. And we went on strike by dropping $20k over two days. And then we get an amazing package out of it! it's really a great deal now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope they provide an add-on to upgrade the minis to resin like they did in the This War of Mine campaign. These minis are just begging for that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duguayduguay wrote:
I really hope they provide an add-on to upgrade the minis to resin like they did in the This War of Mine campaign. These minis are just begging for that...

In the comments I read something about them planning to do it in resin anyways... (fingers crossed)

Anyway, high time we got this game into the hotness!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, nice to se the campaign turn around and become what it was supposed to be the entire time.
To me the best thing was the sweet release from all the negative comments that just went on and on and on about the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Yeah, nice to se the campaign turn around and become what it was supposed to be the entire time.
To me the best thing was the sweet release from all the negative comments that just went on and on and on about the same thing.

Yup. Talk about a complete turnaround. Backers just turned into fan boys/girls from one minute to the next!

Now, those survivor packs for 16$ each are an incredible value. Hard to resist. This should put CMoN and it's minis add-on pricing to shame. Hmmm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:

Which will be the retail version, Base Game Tier or Survivor Tier? I am one of those few that couldn't care less about more zombie minis - except maybe the survivors I can't proxy from Zombicide.

Edited for unintentional snarkiness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duguayduguay wrote:

Now, those survivor packs for 16$ each are an incredible value. Hard to resist. This should put CMoN and it's minis add-on pricing to shame. Hmmm...

It really depends on the quality of the figures. The renders look okay. The resin masters? Still no photos I've seen the are in good enough resolution to see the detail. I'll assume they are good though. How those masters translate into production castings? Complete unknown at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lorenzo
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm glad I kept my early bird to see what the rework would bring. This makes me much happier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Duguayduguay wrote:
lugiber wrote:

Yup. Talk about a complete turnaround. Backers just turned into fan boys/girls from one minute to the next!

I don't paint figures so I don't quite understand what the survivor packs are for. Do painters just want duplicates of their figures so they can paint them differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krayziekmf wrote:

I don't paint figures so I don't quite understand what the survivor packs are for. Do painters just want duplicates of their figures so they can paint them differently?

A few reasons:

Some will pledge $1 and add on for just these to get the figures but skip the game.

Some will get these as an extra set to have one set painted up, and be able to play the game with the bare figures while the painting is in progress.

Some will have an extra set to paint and sell.

Some will have an extra set to use for other games/rule sets and still keep this game complete.

I'm sure there are other reasons too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duguayduguay wrote:

Ya, great turnaround. Good for Cryptozoic to fix the kickstarter and send it in the right direction.

I won't compare to CMoN quite yet until we actually see the quality of the minis. But glad we unlocked Sasha already, just need Morgan now. Let's keep it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:

Well, not quite. It isn't really twice as much now as it was before (the main addition is the second expansion which adds maybe 30% of value).

Also, they might have been planning with a lot more stretch goals, which didn't quite work out. In campaigns like this, pledges usually contain some amount for financing the upcoming stretch goals already.

Since it didn't get off as planned, the value just wasn't quite there.

With the changes now, the $125 pledge is pretty good, even without any stretch goals.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertastas wrote:
So they are essentially admitting that they were fleecing backers from the outset?

I hope they learned something from this...

It didn't appear that way at all to me. I've seen a number of Kickstarter campaigns that take the approach of starting out with initial pledges that are a little high at first but gain value as the campaign progresses.

Examples that come to mind are Reaper's Bones Kickstarters, Dwarven Forge's dungeon tiles Kickstarters, Soda Pop's Super Dungeon Explore, and even CMON's typical Kickstarters. Compare the initial value to the ending value of any of those and it's significantly different.

I think the biggest problem with this campaign is that it had an initial surge, but Cryptozoic miscalculated the stretch goal points and the campaign hit the mid point lull too quickly, causing a cycle that went downhill until Cryptozoic took corrective action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.