Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a few examples from a rulebook rife with errors:

2.1. "72 counters"? There are 88, of which 66 are non-blank.
"Mount...counters and cards on poster board, and cut out".
Why? They're already mounted and pre-cut.

2.2. "Points 2 and 4 are green points". On the map, point 4 is blue.

6.12. "Place a blown marker on any blown bridge." There's only one blown bridge marker, but there appear to be three bridges. (I guess I can use some of the 22 blank counters.)

7.1. "Additional Russian units may be created for use if you run out of them." And yet there's those 22 blanks.

Fuehrer Event Table: "Place Hider marker..." Presumably this refers to a Hitler marker, which is actually labelled "Fuhrer", without the umlaut.

For a reprint with a pretty high price tag, this lack of attention to detail is hardly acceptable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One would think but I find that with all this technology at their disposal people tend to get very lazy. There never seems to be multiple eyes on anything anymore. I am a writer and I have five friends proofread for me and two of them were English majors in college and I still proofread my own work after it gets back to me. Remember, your selling a product that you want people to buy so be professional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite often proofreaders get only the rules and occasionally maps, counters and play aids. So this game might have been thoroughly proofread. I do not know any specifics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.