Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished my first game tonight, and while I didn't lose by nearly as much as I thought I would (234), I was pretty disheartened by the 2nd and 4th seasons. I didn't come anywhere near to where I was supposed to be to get the bonuses! Now, as it turns out, I only had three markers on the track by the end of the game, so I didn't really need those bonuses, but if I'm using the solo scoring stuff as a barometer, I was failing miserably in the early and mid parts of the game!

The way the shows came out, I could only get one genre bonus by the end (and only a 3 show one in the last season, to boot), so I wonder if that was a factor.

Anyone notice any common mistakes while playing? Any strategy tips?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Sanchez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bullwinkle wrote:
I finished my first game tonight, and while I didn't lose by nearly as much as I thought I would (234), I was pretty disheartened by the 2nd and 4th seasons. I didn't come anywhere near to where I was supposed to be to get the bonuses! Now, as it turns out, I only had three markers on the track by the end of the game, so I didn't really need those bonuses, but if I'm using the solo scoring stuff as a barometer, I was failing miserably in the early and mid parts of the game!

The way the shows came out, I could only get one genre bonus by the end (and only a 3 show one in the last season, to boot), so I wonder if that was a factor.

Anyone notice any common mistakes while playing? Any strategy tips?

Some observations on my first solo play -

Money is tight at all player counts for me. So much so I'm wondering if a valid strategy is to ignore 1st and maybe even second season shows to stockpile money so you can buy the better shows in the last three seasons and stock them with the best stars and ride them for points.

When pulling from the market in solo always make sure to get the stuff you want first from the side you are burning from. The stuff further down can usually wait as it would take seriously unlucky burn draws to wipe a row down to the end very quickly.

Don't ignore network cards. They can be a force multiplier letting you get 2 actions worth of benefit for the 1 action used to draw it, or 3 actions worth of benefit for the ones you draw now and play later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.