Subject: What is the significance of this rule? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Drews
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
"For all of the scoring tiles except the Keythedral, the game end bonuses may be scored multiple times if the player has sufficient resources, skills, or workers."

There are several other tiles that look pretty much exactly like the Keythedral (just a big blank rectangle with no production, just end game scoring) but are worth 10 points instead of 12. Does this mean I can score those multiple times? Do I just put workers on them? If I can put 6 workers on them then I get 30 points? Does the Keythedral need a worker (or workers) on it to score?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
The other scoring tiles (like the Barn or the Scribes etc...) offer points for multiples of scored resources, Keyples, or skill tiles. For instance, a scoring tile may award ten points for one set of an anvil, pickaxe, and saw. If you have two anvils, two pickaxes, and two saws, you can use that scoring tile twice (multiple times) and score twenty points. Same with the Barn and similar tiles, wherein you score the tile for each required resource on the tile. This could be one resource (score once), or fourteen resources (score fourteen times).

In contrast, the Keythedral is just static points. Since you do not interact with it using Keyples, skill tiles, or resources, it cannot be scored more than once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Drews
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
I probably wasn't very clear. I'm talking about the tiles that look just like the Keythedral but are worth 10 instead of 12. Forge (or Sawmill or Sculptor), for example, on one side is just a rectangle with no production and a gold 10 in the top right corner. So does this mean I can score Forge multiple times at the end of the game? I can move 6 workers onto it and score 30 points?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case, those are "scoring tiles" insofar as you simply buy them, upgrade them, and forget them. There is no actual action on the tile to perform, it is just worth static points. The gold 10 in the corner is the same as other tiles which score for points a single time simply by owning or upgrading them, even if they have actual action spots on them. Take your home tile, for example. It is worth five points at the end of the game if you upgrade it, but its action has nothing to do with points as such.

If you score a scoring tile, it either requires set collection to count for anything (so many types of workers, resources, skill tiles), resources on the tile (like Barn etc...), or just static points in the corner (like Forge or Keythedral).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Drews
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Got it, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdrews wrote:
I probably wasn't very clear. I'm talking about the tiles that look just like the Keythedral but are worth 10 instead of 12. Forge (or Sawmill or Sculptor), for example, on one side is just a rectangle with no production and a gold 10 in the top right corner. So does this mean I can score Forge multiple times at the end of the game? I can move 6 workers onto it and score 30 points?

The reason the Keythedral is singled out is because it is a Winter tile (scoring tile), the others you are referring to are not Winter Tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
rdrews wrote:

The reason the Keythedral is singled out is because it is a Winter tile (scoring tile), the others you are referring to are not Winter Tiles.

Keythedral is the only winter tile in the base game which scores static points. That is likely the reason that it's called out although i kind of think calling that out is more confusing than not doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.